[CODATA-international] New article published: “re3data – Indexing the Global Research Data Repository Landscape Since 2012”

Nina Weisweiler nina.weisweiler at os.helmholtz.de
Thu Sep 21 11:14:32 EDT 2023

*Apologies for cross-posting.*

Dear colleagues,

I would like to share the following reading recommendation with you:

“re3data – Indexing the Global Research Data Repository Landscape Since
2012” (https://doi.org/10.1038/s41597-023-02462-y)

Our article in Scientific Data looks back at over ten years of service
provision and covers ten important aspects relevant to the management of
re3data, the global Registry for Research Data Repositories. These include:

(1) Our ongoing commitment to openness,
(2) the pivotal role of quality assurance in service operation,
(3) our proactive engagement with global infrastructure and Open Science
communities,
(4) the importance of interoperability to enable automated data flows,
(5) the necessity for continuous development,
(6) ensuring sustainability in the face of changing demands,
(7) the service's entrenchment in research data policies and other Open
Science regulations,
(8) the emphasis on data reuse for re3data,
(9) the various research endeavors that utilize re3data, and
(10) the significance of public outreach efforts to amplify the
visibility of such an internationally utilized service.

The article is accompanied by a blog post:
https://researchdata.springernature.com/posts/re3data-the-global-registry-of-research-data-repositories

Happy reading! :-)

With best regards from the re3data team
Nina Weisweiler

--
Nina Weisweiler

Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft / Helmholtz Association

Helmholtz Open Science Office | Helmholtz Metadata Collaboration (HMC)

Tel: + 49 (0) 331-288 28989

E-Mail:nina.weisweiler at os.helmholtz.de

Web:https://os.helmholtz.de  |https://helmholtz-metadaten.de

Mastodon:https://helmholtz.social/@HelmholtzOpenScienceOffice

Twitter: @helmholtz_os

c/o Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam