[CODATA-international] Job Opportunity – National Open Research Coordinator, National Open Research Forum (NORF) at the Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI)
A.Madden at ria.ie
Tue Sep 19 07:07:12 EDT 2023
Applications are invited for the position of National Open Research Coordinator as part of the Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI) team based at the Royal Irish Academy (RIA). This is a twelve-month post to drive the open research agenda in Ireland and to support the implementation of the National Action Plan for Open Research 2022–2030 and the activities of the National Open Research Forum (NORF).
Secondment Opportunity: The Royal Irish Academy and DRI invite applications from suitably qualified Public or Civil Servants for secondment to this National Open Research Coordinator twelve-month fixed term post. To be eligible, you must be currently serving as a Public or Civil servant (or be on secondment or career break from such a position).
* Advance, guide and advocate for Irish higher education Open Research policy and national open research goals, working with Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science (DFHERIS), (Higher Education Authority) HEA and other stakeholders, within the framework of Impact 2030, Ireland’s Research and Innovation Strategy
* Drive and oversee the implementation of Ireland’s National Action Plan for Open Research 2022–2030, including regular reporting on progress and facilitating consultation processes for future updates to the National Action Plan
* Ensure responsible management and oversight of the NORF Open Research Fund, including management of grant funding award processes in collaboration with the NORF Grants Oversight Committee, DRI Director and NORF Project Manager
* Liaise with NORF-funded projects to support individual project progress and track delivery of project aims and National Action Plan objectives and priorities
* Building on previous NORF work, delineate, track and critically assess the state of affairs in Ireland for priority areas in Open Research
* Represent NORF and present on Open Research developments in Ireland nationally and internationally, including presentations to the Impact 2030 Steering Group and Implementation Forum as required
* Liaise as appropriate with relevant stakeholders including the HEA and relevant Government Departments, NORF groups, IReL, HEAnet, Research funding agencies, infrastructures and relevant European networks
* Support and oversee the NORF governing structure including the Grants Oversight Committee and Core Oversight Committee
* Act as line manager for NORF staff based at the DRI
* Any other duties as deemed appropriate for the position
Salary is on the Assistant Principal Officer Scale €75,420 - €90,406.
For more information and to apply, visit the RIA website: https://www.ria.ie/news/vacancies/vacancy-national-open-research-coordinator
Applications close Wed 11 Oct at 12:00.
I would be grateful if you could share details of this job opportunity with your network.
Dr Áine Madden (she/her)
Senior Programme and Communications Manager
Digital Repository of Ireland
Royal Irish Academy
19 Dawson Street | Dublin 2
a.madden at ria.ie<mailto:a.madden at ria.ie> | www.dri.ie<http://www.dri.ie/>
Subscribe to the DRI Friends Newsletter<https://dri.ie/dri-friends-newsletter>
Follow us on Twitter @dri_ireland<https://twitter.com/dri_ireland>
Follow us on Instagram @dri_ireland<https://www.instagram.com/dri_ireland/>
The Academy is subject to the FOI Act 2014, the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003 and 2018, GDPR (EU 2016/679) and S.I. No. 336/2011, EC Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations. For further information see our website www.ria.ie/privacy-and-data-protection
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CODATA-international