[CODATA-international] DRUM Beat, April 2023: News from the CODATA Task Group on Digital Representation of Units of Measurement

Asha CODATA asha at codata.org
Fri Apr 21 00:51:50 EDT 2023

Here are some recent units-related activities that may be of interest to
you!

   - Digitalization of the SI (approved)
   https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/77765681/Resolutions-2022.pdf/281f3160-fc56-3e63-dbf7-77b76500990f
   - New SI prefixes https://www.bipm.org/en/-/2022-12-19-si-prefixes
   - Development of an SI Reference Point (prototype)
   https://siunits.stuchalk.domains.unf.edu/
   - Development of the Units of Measure Interoperability Service (UMIS)
   (prototype) https://umis.stuchalk.domains.unf.edu/
   - SysML v2 has modeled ISO 80000 International System of Quantities
   https://github.com/Systems-Modeling/SysML-v2-Release/tree/master/sysml.library/Domain%20Libraries/Quantities%20and%20Units

We are planning to submit a proposal for one or more sessions at SciDataCon
2023, part of International Data Week, to be held in Salzburg, Austria,
23-26 October.  If you would like to present on a units-related topic
please contact the DRUM Chair, Robert Hanisch (robert.hanisch at nist.gov), by 31
April so that we can include this in the session proposal.  We look forward
to seeing many of you at the conference.  CODATA is particularly interested
in engaging the scientific unions in discussions related to cross-domain
interoperability.

The DRUM members are willing to give presentations on our work to
interested scientific unions or other representative organisations.  Please
reach out to us at drum at codata.org if you’d like to arrange such an event.
You will also be able to find recent video presentations of ours on the
DRUM website soon.  https://codata.org/initiatives/task-groups/drum/

Thanks,

Asha

--
__________________________

*FOUR WEEKS TO GO! Call for Sessions, Presentations and Posters: SciDataCon
2023, part of IDW 2023:* deadline 15 May!
<https://codata.org/events/conferences/international-data-week-2023/call-for-sessions-presentations-and-posters-scidatacon-2023-part-of-idw-2023/>

*Why Attend SciDataCon and IDW? *Information webinar recording and
presentation
<https://codata.org/events/conferences/international-data-week-2023/why-attend-scidatacon-2023/>

*International Training Workshop on Open Science and SDGs 2023:* deadline for
applications, 14 May!
<https://codata.org/international-training-workshop-on-open-science-and-sdgs-2023/>

*The WorldFAIR Project's Cross-Domain Interoperability Framework Workshop,
colocated at the RDA Plenary: *presentations and recordings now available
<https://worldfair-project.eu/2023/03/22/the-worldfair-projects-cross-domain-interoperability-framework-2/>

*New WorldFAIR Project Deliverables!* Mapping Report: Cultural Heritage
image sharing platforms <https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7659002> and Ocean
Data Priority Areas Roadmap <https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7682399>

Jan 2023 publications
<https://codata.org/january-2023-publications-in-the-data-science-journal/> in
the CODATA Data Science Journal <https://datascience.codata.org/>

*Stay in touch with CODATA:*

Stay up to date with CODATA activities: join the CODATA International News
list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/codata-international_lists.codata.org>

Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data
stewardship?  Sign up to the CODATA early career community-run data
science training and careers list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/data_science_training_lists.codata.org>

Follow us on social media! Twitter <https://twitter.com/CODATANews> -
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/codata.org/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-hodson-b3711a11/> - Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/codatainternational/>

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE