[CODATA-international] RSIF Virtual Pre-Conference, 16-17 November 2021

ALLAN OCHOLA allanochola4 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 07:44:18 EST 2021

The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (*icipe) *in
collaboration with University Mohammed VI Polytechnic (UM6P) is extending
an open invitation to an online dialogue on building capacity for science,
technology, and innovation in Africa on 16th and 17th November 2021.

This pre-conference will bring together key science, technology, and higher
education stakeholders, with the objective of i) sharing key relevant
advances in science, technology, and innovation (STI) and higher education
in Africa and globally; and ii) reviewing key achievements and progress of
the African government-led Partnership for Skills in Applied Sciences,
Engineering, and Technology flagship program, the RSIF to date. We will
receive input from participants on how to enhance PASET RSIF’s relevance to
countries and contribution to private sector development. The insights will
inform RSIF's future planning and implementation.

RSIF aims to support Ph.D. students, post-doctoral scientists, and
universities in SSA to establish high-quality training, research, and
innovation environments and to develop institutional capacity for the
benefit of the whole region. The event is organized by the RSIF (
www.rsif-paset.org) Regional Coordination Unit, the International Centre of
Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) (www.icipe.org) in collaboration with
University Mohammed VI Polytechnic (www.um6p.ma).

The meeting outcomes will inform our continued Covid-response and effective
contribution to the SDGs and climate goals; Building of research capacity;
and Way forward for science funding in Africa, and RSIF specifically.
Together we lay out agreed-on actions and outcomes for the network as we
look ahead to the upcoming RSIF Conference in Morocco in May 2022.

More information and how you can register in English
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rsif-virtual-pre-conference-16-17-november-2021-tickets-191672968007>,
French
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/billets-pre-conference-virtuelle-du-rsif-du-16-au-17-novembre-2021-198890706457?aff=erelpanelorg>,
and Portuguese