[CODATA-international] information request for a Friday

Daureen Nesdill daureen.nesdill at utah.edu
Thu Mar 11 17:17:14 EST 2021

Thank you Julian and Devika,
You confirmed what I suspected. Publications resulting from research supported by governments are freely available, but obviously there are gaps. Researchers who use data collected from repositories for their research may not need much support. I see this in the social sciences.

At my university, University of Utah, we are attempting to determine how to continue paying for the high journal subscriptions. Having the publications publically available would be a way for access to the high priced journals, but as I’m finding out not all articles will be available.

Thank you again,
Daureen