[CODATA-international] Call for papers: 'Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and the Design Challenge of Inclusion, Sustainability, and Data Ownership’ at the Data for Policy Conference, UCL, September 14-16, 2021

Asha CODATA asha at codata.org
Wed Mar 3 07:54:46 EST 2021

<https://codata.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2021-dfp-website-banner-5.jpg>As
chairs, Ronit Purian and Avi Cohen, SYN-RG-Ai, Tel Aviv University, and CODATA
Task Group on Smart Cities Data
<https://codata.org/initiatives/task-groups/smart-cities/> invite papers
for the Special Track on ‘Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and the Design
Challenge of Inclusion, Sustainability, and Data Ownership’ at the Data for
Policy Conference, UCL, September 14-16, 2021.

Track participants will be invited to submit articles to a Special
Collection in Data & Policy through the journal’s peer review process,
supported by the Data & Policy editorial team and publisher.

<https://codata.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/codata_new_logo-1.png>Special
track details:
https://dataforpolicy.org/data-fof-policy-2021/special-track-9

Submission is open until March 25 2021 via EasyChair:
https://easychair.org/cfp/Data_for_Policy_2021

Main topics:

   - Spatial behavior crowdsourcing;
   - Decentralized system design;
   - Data provision and integration;
   - Urban big data and AI ethics.

The chairs plan to carry out a collaborative interdisciplinary track that
will define focus areas, activities, and priorities, e.g.: Needs assessment
and knowledge gap analysis (the desirable data sources and tools);
reflections on current studies (case studies – challenges, solutions; and
how to generalize); operational research plans (national surveys, public
concerns and perceptions in questionnaire items), and the like.

>From the domain viewpoint: to define a cluster of mobility-related problems
that are encountered by many cities.

>From the data viewpoint: to define the data components we share in our
research. The goal will be to facilitate open data, knowledge sharing, and
data integration.

>From the service viewpoint: to define the data sources and tools we use;
what are the preferred integration and granularity (e.g., local-global);
and how to achieve that.

To address such goals, we wish to invite researchers from different
disciplines, who are interested in: Urban Resilience, spatial behavior,
flexible mobility, data ownership, service design, and any other topic
within the broad domains of smart cities, information systems, data
science, and behavioral sciences.

Sent on behalf of:
Ronit Purian-Lukatch, PhD
Tel Aviv University
PurianRo at TAUex.TAU.ac.il

--
___________________________

*Call for Sessions, SciDataCon
<https://codata.org/events/conferences/international-data-week-2021/call-for-sessions-scidatacon-2021/>
part
of International Data Week <https://internationaldataweek.org/>: *deadline
31 March 2021 <https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW2021/>

*What is International Data Week?* Find out in this webinar at 13:00 UTC on
4 March.
<https://codata.org/register-now-webinar-on-introducing-the-international-data-week-2021/>

*Open Science for a Global Transformation:* Call for Papers for
a Special Collection in Data Science Journal in relation to the UNESCO
Recommendation on Open Science
<https://codata.org/open-science-for-a-global-transformation-call-for-papers-for-a-special-collection-in-data-science-journal/>

*Data for Resilient Cities Podcast Series: *CAG-CEPT and
CODATA Podcast Series
<https://codata.org/initiatives/strategic-programme/codata-connect/cag-cept-and-codata-podcast-series-on-data-for-resilient-cities/>
 | Subscribe <https://crdf.org.in/podcast/data-for-resilient-cities> |
SoundCloud <https://soundcloud.com/dataforresilientcities>

*January 2021 publications*
<https://codata.org/january-2021-publications-in-the-data-science-journal/> in
the CODATA Data Science Journal <https://datascience.codata.org/>

*Stay in touch with CODATA:*

Stay up to date with CODATA activities: join the CODATA International News
list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/codata-international_lists.codata.org>

Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data
stewardship?  Sign up to the CODATA early career community-run data
science training and careers list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/data_science_training_lists.codata.org>

Follow us on social media! Twitter <https://twitter.com/CODATANews> -
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/codata.org/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-hodson-b3711a11/> - Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/codatainternational/>

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE