[CODATA-international] sessions on Open and FAIR at vEGU2021 - abstracts submission still open

Haslinger Florian florian.haslinger at sed.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 13 12:16:36 EST 2021

Dear all,

I hope that this message falls within the scope of the list... apologies if not

Now that vEGU2021, the 2021 edition of the European Geosciences Union General Assembly, has extended the abstract submission deadline to 20 January 1300 CET, there would still be time to submit your contributions.

The ESSI programme group, and in particular ESSI3 'Open Science 2.0 Informatics for Earth and Space Sciences'
https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU21/sessionprogramme#ESSI3

features a couple of sessions focusing on FAIR and Open data & science and the issues around it that may be of particular interest to the CODATA audience (not only European :-).

Naturally I especially recommend session ESSI3.3 that I have the honor to co-convene with Lesley Wyborn, Shelley Stall, Katrin Seemeyer and Ari Asmi :

The evolving Open and FAIR ecosystem for Solid Earth and Environmental sciences: challenges, opportunities, and other adventures

https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU21/session/40309

(but of course all other sessions are equally great :-)

Your stories would be welcome!

All the best & kind regards

Florian

Swiss Seismological Service