[CODATA-international] Fw: [Geo4All] GeoForAll contributions to UN Global Sustainable Goals; Tuesday Oct 6th 2:00-4:00 PM London time (UTC +1).
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 29 12:03:29 EDT 2020
From: GeoForAll <geoforall-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Moreno-Sanchez, Rafael <Rafael.Moreno at ucdenver.edu>
Sent: 29 September 2020 02:59
To: geoforall at lists.osgeo.org <geoforall at lists.osgeo.org>; all_members at ucgis.org <all_members at ucgis.org>
Subject: [Geo4All] GeoForAll contributions to UN Global Sustainable Goals; Tuesday Oct 6th 2:00-4:00 PM London time (UTC +1).
Please promote with your contacts and networks:
The following event is part of a larger global event called World Commons Week 2020 https://wcw2020.iasc-commons.org/
The GeoForAll (https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/geo-for-all/) webinar mini-conference 2020:
"GeoForAll contributions to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals".
Tuesday October 6th 2:00-4:00 PM London time (UTC +1).
Find your local time in this table: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=GeoForAll+session+at+World+Commons+Week+2020&iso=20201006T07&p1=75&ah=2
Join the webinar in this Zoom meeting:
Recording of webinar will be posted in the GeoForAll YouTube Channel:
Participating GeoForAll labs/members and mini-conference program (15 min each presentation):
* Introduction and welcome to GeoForAll - Victoria Rautenbach (Chair, GeoForAll)
* Mapping the Accessibility in OpenStreetMap: a comparison of different techniques - Stucchi Lorenzo ,Ludovico Biagi, Maria Antonia Brovelli (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
* Assessing the needs of Women empowerment needs using open data and geospatial skills: Implications for SDGs in Nigeria - Victor N. Sunday, Damilola Olufemi & Uchechi S. Anaduaka (Unique Mappers Network, Nigeria)
* Women in GIS, Kenya - Caroline Akoth
* The pedagogical value of GeoForAll Newsletter as a means of teacher training - Nikos Lambrinos (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
* GeoForAll contributions for United Nations SDGs - Suchith Anand (GODAN)
* General Q& A and Discussions
Rafael Moreno, Ph.D.
Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences
University of Colorado Denver
Office: North Classroom 3621, Auraria Campus
Campus Box 172
1200 Larimer Street NC 3016-C
Denver, CO 80204
This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee
and may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and
Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not
necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. Email
communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored
where permitted by law.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CODATA-international