[CODATA-international] Advances in the Make Date Count initiative

Amber E Budden aebudden at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue May 5 11:55:19 EDT 2020

Hello CODATA,

I hope you are well.

I wanted to pass along some updates that came out from the Make Data Count team today as I think they will be of interest to this community. With additional support from the Sloan Foundation, MDC has grown include bibliometrics researchers and Crossref, allowing us to expand our scope and reach. Our goals are to see an increase in repositories standardizing and reporting their data usage, an increased corpus of data citations submitted by publishers, and an increased general awareness of the need for bibliometrics studies before assuming we have data metrics.

Read the full announcement: https://makedatacount.org/2020/05/05/igniting-change-our-next-steps/

Read more about the bibliometrics work ahead: https://www.scholcommlab.ca/2020/05/04/sloan-announcement/

We welcome your thoughts and contributions,
Best,
Amber

Amber E Budden, PhD
Director of Learning and Outreach
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
aebudden at nceas.ucsb.edu

Co-PI Arctic Data Center
Co-PI Permafrost Discovery Gateway
Co-Lead DataONE

Need data skills?
Register for one of our Reproducible Research Techniques for Synthesis short courses.