[CODATA-international] Cost of Data Wrangling

Ernie Boyko boykern at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 23:57:54 EST 2020

Hi allA study conducted for the EU? is often quoted as being the source of a statement along the lines of§80% ofeffort in data intensive research is used on data wrangling; conservative estimate of 10.2 Bn Euro.  Can anyone on this list point me to this study?
Many thanks in advance.  I am trying to make the case for the benefits of developing a career stream for data wranglers/data stewards.Cheers, Ernie+1-613-290-2804
  “Data is the new oil.” — Clive Humby
“Data really powers everything that we do.” – Jeff Weiner