[CODATA-international] EDDI20 - 12th Annual European DDI User Conference: Call for Papers
asha at codata.org
Tue Apr 28 13:12:30 EDT 2020
12th Annual European DDI User Conference (EDDI20), DDI – The Basis of
Managing the Data Life Cycle
- Submission Deadline: July 12, 2020, 23:59 CEST
- Place: Paris, France
- Date: December 1/2, 2020
- Hosts: Sciences Po, Center for Socio-Political Data (CDSP), CNRS, Paris
- Conference web page: https://eddi20.sciencesconf.org
*We are currently working on the assumption that the Conference
will proceed as planned. However, with the current uncertainty, it is
possible that we may not be able to proceed with the physical conference,
under those circumstances we will explore whether a virtual conference is
possible or may defer to a later date.*
*Updates will be posted on the EDDI conferences
<https://www.eddi-conferences.eu/>through the DDI Users list (sign up at
<http://lists.icpsr.umich.edu/mailman/listinfo/ddi-users>> and on Twitter
EDDI20 is organized jointly by the Center for Socio-Political Data (CDSP) <
https://cdsp.sciences-po.fr/en/>, GESIS – Leibniz Institute for the Social
Sciences <http://www.gesis.org/en/home/> and IDSC of IZA <
http://idsc.iza.org/> – International Data Service Center of the Institute
for the Study of Labor.
The Data Documentation Initiative <http://www.ddialliance.org/> (DDI) is an
international standard for describing the data produced by surveys and
other observational methods in the social, behavioural, economic, and
The meeting will bring together DDI users and professionals from all over
Europe and the world. Anyone interested in developing, applying, or using
DDI is invited to attend and present.
Call for Papers
We are seeking presentations, talks, papers, posters on all things DDI:
- Case Studies
- Mature implementations
- Early Implementations
- Interplay of DDI with other standards or technologies
- Projects in early phases in which DDI is under consideration
- Critiques of DDI
The topics of the conference include, but are not limited to:
- User Needs, Efficient Infrastructures and Improved Quality
- Official Statistics
- Reusing and Sharing Metadata
- Data Harmonization
- Incentives to Document Data
- Open Data and Linked Open Data
- Privacy and Access Control
- Metadata versus Data and Related Ethics
- Software / Tools
Proposals are welcome for the following presentation forms.
- Full Paper
- Regular Presentation
- Short Presentation
- Complete Session
- Poster/Software Demonstration
- Tutorial or Workshop
- Side Meeting
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please have a look at the
Call for Papers <https://eddi20.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/2> and
use the on-line submission system at <https://eddi20.sciencesconf.org> of
the conference (opens on April 28. 2020).
- The deadline for submissions is July 12, 2019, 23:59 CEST.
- Please consider indicating your availability as a reviewer as well.
- For more information about the conference, see the conference web site
- The Program Committee strategically develops, creates and organizes
the program <https://www.eddi-conferences.eu/committees>.
- The Organization Committee coordinates the onsite work <
- For questions or any other correspondence regarding the Call for
Papers of EDDI20, please send an email to eddi20-prog at googlegroups.com.
- Last year’s program is available at the EDDI19 website <
- For more information about the EDDI conference series and details on
the previous EDDI conferences, look at <http://www.eddi-conferences.eu/>.
We look forward to welcoming you to EDDI20 in Paris!
*DDI – Cross Domain Integration (DDI-CDI):* first Public Review Release,
deadline for comments 31 July.
*Call for Nominations and Applications: *Chair, CODATA International Data
Policy Committee, Deadline Monday, 25 May 2020
*CODATA Connect and Data Science Journal Essay Competition*
deadline 30 June 2020.
*Data Together COVID-19: Appeal and Actions*
<https://codata.org/data-together-covid-19-appeal-and-actions/> - commitment
from CODATA, GO FAIR, RDA and WDS
*SAVE THE DATE! **International Data Week 2021*
8–11 November 2021, Seoul, South Korea
*SAVE THE DATE! **International FAIR Convergence Symposium*
22-23 October 2020, Paris, France
*March 2020 publications*
the CODATA Data Science Journal <https://datascience.codata.org/>
*Stay in touch with CODATA:*
Stay up to date with CODATA activities: join the CODATA International News
Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data
stewardship? Sign up to the CODATA early career community-run data
science training and careers list
Follow us on social media! Twitter <https://twitter.com/CODATANews> -
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/codata.org/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-hodson-b3711a11/> - Instagram
Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org
E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96
CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CODATA-international