[CODATA-international] Fw: Reminder! A first GeoForAll lab webinar "mini-conference" tomorrow Oct 10, 1:00-3:00 GMT, on "GeoForAll contributions to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals"
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 9 09:19:09 EDT 2019
From: Discuss <discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Charlie Schweik <cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu>
Sent: 09 October 2019 13:48
To: OsGeo, GeoForAll <geoforall at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] Reminder! A first GeoForAll lab webinar "mini-conference" tomorrow Oct 10, 1:00-3:00 GMT, on "GeoForAll contributions to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals"
Dear GeoForAll colleagues,
A reminder that a first GeoForAll webinar "mini-conference" will take place tomorrow!
* Topic: "GeoForAll contributions to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals"
* Date/time: Thursday, October 10th from 1-3:00 pm GMT.
* What time is it for you? Use this link to find out: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20191010T130000&p1=tz_gmt
* Participating GeoForAll labs/members and mini-conference program:
* Suchith Anand (Chief Scientist, GODAN) – Introduction
* Victoria Rautenbach (GeoForAll chair) – Welcome to GeoForAll
* Sergio Acosta y Lara (Dirección Nacional de Topografía,Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas, Uruguay) -Experiences from the 3rd edition of the course-contest Projects with students and gvSIG Batoví
* Victor Sunday (Director, Unique Mappers Team) – Open Source and Open Data for All
* Cameron Green (University of Pretoria)-GeoNode for data management and sharing
* Paulo Cesar Coronado Sanchez (Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas, Colombia)- SIG con herramientas OSGeo (GIS with OSGeo tools)
* Suchith Anand (Chief Scientist, GODAN) – Open Principles in Science and Education
* Q& A and Discussions
* Join the Zoom-based webinar at: https://ucdenver.zoom.us/j/470742725. (Thanks to Rafael Moreno at UC Denver for hosting the mini-conference).
Full details can be found at https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/geoforall-contributions-to-the-united-nations-sustainable-development-goals/.
Thanks to all the participants for their preparation efforts and time!
This event is a part of a larger global event called "World Commons Week<https://wcw2019.iasc-commons.org/>" which hopefully is helping to draw attention to GeoForAll and OSGeo from others who may not know about these communities. And hopefully, this is the start of perhaps more regular cross-GeoForAll lab dialog using virtual conferencing technology that will reduce our community's carbon footprint on the global atmospheric commons. In other words, perhaps the start of something like a FOSS4G conference that complements -- not replaces -- the in-person event, but takes advantage of our global access to webinar technology to allow more frequent community interaction.
Organizer, World Commons Week <https://wcw2019.iasc-commons.org/> 2019
Department of Environmental Conservation & School of Public Policy
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee
and may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and
Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not
necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. Email
communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored
where permitted by law.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CODATA-international