[CODATA-international] follow up on data sharing examples

David Mellor david at cos.io
Thu Nov 7 14:53:49 EST 2019

I've been very curious to track case studies of discoveries made or
research accelerated because of shared data or other open science practices
such as preregistration.

This example is interesting:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41366-019-0466-1 A published study was
criticized for deviations from their registered protocols. The authors
shared data on OSF and others have analyzed it. This paper is the original
authors asserting why their main points are still justified.

This twitter thread
https://twitter.com/_julia_stern/status/1176496566942781445 covers an
example of an arduous, preregistered multiverse analysis (which essentially
tries to run every combination of IV and DVs to show how often
significant outcomes occur in the dataset) of an open dataset.

I'll look through the other thread and add them to this google doc and will
look for other venues for disseminating these examples
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IEFmsfd5cPf7_6nUNOohPHzWLWnd0ZH7R4EaEylHje0/edit

Best,
David

David Mellor, PhD <https://osf.io/qthsf/>