[CODATA-international] [EXTERNAL] - Re: October 2019: Publications in the Data Science Journal

Baru, Chaitanya K. cbaru at nsf.gov
Mon Nov 4 10:25:52 EST 2019

Hi Mercury,
This is an interesting idea and would, indeed, be interesting to look at what it takes to get this done. You are basically suggesting what I would call "exit criteria" for projects. Projects would not receive that last slug of funding until these criteria are met, which means of course that there needs to be some sort of review process--which may be a combination of manual and automated, etc.
As you develop your proposal, you may want to keep in mind what is the "burden" on the funding agencies, in terms of reviewing the exit criteria.

Cheers,
--chaitan
Senior Advisor, Data Science Strategic Initiatives
Office of the Vice President for Research
San Diego Supercomputer Center
Halicioglu Data Science Institute
UC San Diego
La Jolla, CA 921093