[CODATA-international] GEO Ministerial Summit

Falk Huettmann fhuettmann at alaska.edu
Sun Nov 3 01:06:18 EDT 2019

Dear Suchith and colleagues,

thanks,
Wish us luck, I hope the GEO summits and declarations are  more effective
than the Kyoto agreements, or
the Paris agreements etc (which have received way more effort and attention
but widely fail, globally).

Soon we will run out of cities to name those 'agreements', and nobody cares
anymore.

Re. your statement of
"Let us all work together to ensure Earth observations drive productivity &
inclusive growth across our economies."

It's IMPOSSIBLE to have economic growth and a good world; those aims stand
against each other on a finite world.
It's classic carrying capacity 101, and known and taught for decades, e.g.
with Herman Daly fromThe World Bank etc!
See here for more details, ecological economics in pure form
https://steadystate.org/

Thanks, please keep us posted for relevant progress on those matters.
The neoliberal gospels we see and read daily though, while a good
distribution of wealth remains unresolved..

Kindly
  Falk Huettmann PhD, Professor
      Uni of Alaska Fairbanks