[CODATA-international] Arctic ? Re: October 2019: Publications in the Data Science Journal

Ross Wilkinson ross.wilkinson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 01:28:55 EDT 2019

Hi All, In support of Mark,

To get the change we all seek, come up with a policy that has broad support and apply it, as the Polar Data Centre has done, provide infrastructure and agreements as in Codata and RDA and WDS efforts, and find good practice, and promote it, as Australia did with a Festival of Open data.

Policy. practice and infrastructure are all needed, and together to obtain the very big change in practice that is needed.

We found that the key was to “get on with it”, rather than seeking perfect practice, perfect metadata, perfect compliance. In fact perfect gets in the way of rapid change.

….Ross
M: +61 419 53 41 63 <>