[CODATA-international] WDS Data Stewardship Award 2019: Call for Nominations Open!

Asha CODATA asha at codata.org
Fri May 10 02:32:56 EDT 2019

The Call for Nominations for the 2019 WDS Data Stewardship Award is now* open
until 29 July 2019*. This annual prize
<https://www.icsu-wds.org/community/data-stewardship-award/wds-data-stewardship-award>
celebrates
the exceptional contributions of early career researchers to the
improvement of scientific data stewardship through their (1) engagement
with the community, (2) academic achievements, and (3) innovations. We are
also pleased to announce that the process has been opened up from this
year, and *nominations may now be made any scientific organization, group,
body, union, or otherwise*.

The winner for the 2019 Data Stewardship Award will be presented with their
Award and a prize in plenary at the next SciDataCon (dates and venue to be
confirmed)—alongside the 2020 Award winner—with their attendance covered by
the World Data System.

If you know of an early career researcher who deserves to have their
accomplishments recognized and highlighted to the international community
then please be sure to complete the below form (see notes) and send it to
the WDS International Programme Office by 29 July 2019. We also encourage
you to disseminate this information far-and-wide.

   - *WDS Data Stewardship Award 2019* (*Word
   <https://www.icsu-wds.org/files/wds-data-stewardship-award-2019-word>*
/ *PDF
   <https://www.icsu-wds.org/files/wds-data-stewardship-award-2019-pdf>*)

Thanks,
Asha
--

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE