[CODATA-international] FW: PV2018 call for abstracts deadline reminder - 28th Feb 2018

sarah.callaghan at stfc.ac.uk sarah.callaghan at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 20 05:25:34 EST 2018

(apologies for cross-posting)

[cid:_4_C0EB3400C0EB3178005C9195C12581D4]

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS -REMINDER
=====================

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

This is a  gentle reminder that the abstract submission deadline for PV2018  is 28th Feb 2018.  The conference series has traditionally focussed on the domain of data preservation, stewardship and value adding of scientific data and research related information. However we are also entering the era of big data; for this conference year we would like to extend a special invite to large-scale scientific archives so we can facilitate discussion of emergent issues across scientific domains. As we move to new and exciting technology age, we are seeing large-scale collaborations occurring on state of art virtual research environments and novel collaborative infrastructures.  We would invite participation from projects, organisations or individuals developing novel data services within or as a result of these environments. This includes smaller bespoke archives wishing to integrate with larger data holdings to generate targeted knowledge and data services.

The PV2018 Conference offers several session formats:

  *   Oral Sessions
  *   Poster Sessions
Regular papers for oral and poster presentations are selected on the basis of the submission on Easychair<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pv2018> and a peer-reviewed by the Programme Committee<http://www.ceda.ac.uk/contact/pv2018/pv2018-programme-and-organisation-committe/>.  Full instructions for the abstract submission and review process can be found here<http://www.ceda.ac.uk/contact/pv2018/call-for-abstracts/>. Talks, Demos, Exhibitions and Campus Tours are also planned so please check the conference website regularly for updates.
http://www.ceda.ac.uk/contact/pv2018/

If you require any further information please contact Esther Conway: esther.conway at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:esther.conway at stfc.ac.uk> . We look forward to welcoming you to the conference in May 2018

Kind Regards

Professor Tony Hey
Chief Data Scientist and PV2018 conference chair
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Campus
Didcot, OX11 0QX
UK

[cid:_4_C0DA293CC0DA26B4005C9195C12581D4]

[http://www.ceda.ac.uk/static/media/uploads/PV2018/.thumbnails/happylogofooter.png/happylogofooter-874x113.png]