[CODATA-international] Digital Repository of Ireland hiring a Project Manager for Research Data Alliance Europe project DEADLINE 27 April at noon
N.Harrower at ria.ie
Mon Apr 23 09:16:30 EDT 2018
— With the usual apologies for cross-posting —
The Digital Repository of Ireland is seeking a Project Manager to contribute to the Research Data Alliance Europe H2020-supported project. The post will be based at the DRI offices at the Royal Irish Academy, in the centre of vibrant Dublin, Ireland.
Applications close at NOON this Friday, 27th April. Interviews expected to take place on 10th May 2017.
Job Title: Project Manager
Purpose of Role: The role is to manage DRI’s contributions to the Research Data Alliance (RDA) Europe 4.0 Horizon 2020 project, to align DRI’s practices with the RDA, and to assist in developing national and European capacity in research data sharing and re-use across research domains and sectors.
The post will involve a certain amount of travel both within Europe and internationally. This is a fixed term contract for 2.5 years. Applicants must have existing permission to work in Ireland /EU.
The Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI) is the national trusted digital repository for Ireland's social and cultural data, and has been certified by the Core Trust Seal (2018). The repository links together and preserves both historical and contemporary data held by Irish institutions, providing a central internet access point and interactive multimedia tools. As a national e-infrastructure for the future of education and research in the humanities and social sciences, DRI is available for use by the public, students and scholars. Originally awarded €5.2M from the Higher Education Authority PRTLI Cycle 5 to build the repository and research centre, DRI is funded from 2017 by the Department of Education and Skills via the Higher Education Authority and the Irish Research Council. DRI has also received awards from Enterprise Ireland, Science Foundation Ireland, the Irish Research Council, The European Commission's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7), Horizon 2020, and Atlantic Philanthropies. DRI is supported by a network of academic, cultural, social, and industry partners, including the National Library of Ireland (NLI), the National Archives of Ireland (NAI) and RTÉ. For more information see www.dri.ie<http://www.dri.ie>.
• Manage a project to deliver DRI’s support activities for the Research Data Alliance Europe
• Develop and implement partnerships and activities to support early career researchers, technical experts and domain ambassadors (e.g. training, events, creation of resource materials, webinars and website development)
• Aligning DRI’s support for research data management with RDA, national approaches in Ireland, Europe and internationally
• Disseminating best practices in research data sharing and RDA outputs via Irish and European channels
• Contributing more broadly to the ongoing development of the Digital Repository of Ireland’s capacity in research data management via involvement in relevant taskforces and working groups
• Actively contributing to grant and funding proposals
• Any other duties as assigned within the scope of the role
Full job specification and details for applicants at: https://www.ria.ie/news/vacancies/vacancy-project-manager-dri
Dr. Natalie Harrower
Director, Digital Repository of Ireland
Royal Irish Academy
n.harrower at ria.ie<mailto:n.harrower at ria.ie> | @natalieharrower
www.dri.ie<http://www.dri.ie> | @dri_ireland
The Royal Irish Academy is subject to the Freedom of Information Acts 2014 and is compliant with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003. For further information see our website www.ria.ie
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CODATA-international