[CODATA-international] Fwd: Report from the Madagascar High-Level Meeting on Environmental & Scientific Data for Sustainable Development Goals in Developing Countries

Simon CODATA simon at codata.org
Wed Oct 4 09:13:43 EDT 2017

From 4-8 September 2017, the African Open Science Platform Project (in collaboration with CODATA and with the Madagascar Ministries of Environment, Ecology and Forests; of Higher Education and Research; of Posts, Telecommunications and Digital Development; and of the Economy and Planning) organised a series of workshops and meetings in Antananarivo, Madagascar.

These included, on Monday 4 September, a High-level Meeting on Environmental and Scientific Open Data for Sustainable Development Goals in Developing Countries, hosted at the Prime Minister’s Residence and attended by 11 Ministers from the Madagascar government.

The report of this meeting - prepared by NOASILALAONOMENJANAHARY Ambinitsoa Lucie, National Focal Point of AfriGEOSS and Member of the AOSP Technical Advisory Board - is now available here. <http://africanopenscience.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/High-Level-Report.pdf>

The keynote presentation by Simon Hodson of CODATA and directing the AOSP project is available here (in French): 'La Science Ouverte et les Données ‘FAIR’ : Composants essentiels pour le développement durable dans un monde de données massives' <https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7tdy7azqe7s668/17-09-04-MADAGASCAR%20OPEN%20SCIENCE%20HIGH%20LEVEL%20MEETING-FR.pptx.pdf?dl=0>
___________________________

Announcing International Data Week 2018 <http://www.codata.org/events/conferences/international-data-week-2018>  22-26 October, Gaborone, Botswana

CODATA 2017 International Conference, ‘Global Challenges and Data-Driven Research’ <http://codata2017.gcras.ru/>, Saint-Petersburg, 8-13 October, programme <http://codata2017.gcras.ru/data/conference/key_dates_document_1506952247319.pdf> and abstracts <http://conference.codata.org/2017/programme/>.

Papers from SciDataCon 2016, part of International Data Week, Denver, Colorado now available in the CODATA Data Science Journal <https://datascience.codata.org/collections/special/scidatacon/>

Film about CODATA-RDA School of Research Data Science 2017, ICTP, Trieste: #DataTrieste <https://vimeo.com/232209813> from Studio Cosico

What has CODATA delivered recently? See the CODATA Prospectus: Strategy and Achievement, 2015-2016 https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.165830 <https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.165830>
Dr Simon Hodson | Executive Director CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: simon at codata.org | Twitter: @simonhodson99 | Skype: simonhodson99
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96 | Tel (Cell): +33 6 86 30 42 59

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE