[CODATA-international] The critical role of university RDM infrastructure in transforming data to knowledge’. Interest from Canada.

Ernie Boyko boykern at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 01:02:03 EST 2017

Hi SimonI hope you are well.  We had a good CNC meeting on December 1.
I am interested in knowing about the symposium in Göttingen, Germany, .There is scope for the new director of Portage to prepare something for the following:

8) Shared and Outsourced Services (short papers)
What steps are being taken to share or outsource services?  How are networks of institutions working together?  What is being done ‘in house’ as opposed to outsourced?  What relationships with commercial providers and hosting services are emerging?  What opportunities are there to establish consortia around particular services, including Open Source solutions?  What are the potential benefits of shared services across institutions, regionally, nationally, internationally?  What would be the most beneficial areas for shared services? I am wondering how this would work.
   - Proposals for short papers should be 300-600 words.
   - When submitting a proposal the author should choose the session corresponding to the theme for which the abstract is intended.
So lets say that someone prepares a proposal for a short paper and this is accepted.  Does this get presented at the symposium?  What else has to happen?  I have looked at the site but it is not clear as to how this would play out.  I am sure that our author can get funding to go to the symposium.
Cheers, Ernie

Call for Papers, Göttingen-CODATA RDM Symposium 2018, deadline 22 December 2017, Göttingen, Germany, 18-20 March 2018.
Call for Session Proposals, SciDataCon 2018, deadline 19 January 2018: SciDataCon 2018 is an integrated part of International Data Week 2018, 22-26 October 2018, Gaborone, Botswana.
What has CODATA delivered recently? See the CODATA Prospectus: Strategy and Achievement, 2015-2017 (Second Edition) https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1034217
___________________________Dr Simon Hodson | Executive Director CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: simon at codata.org | Twitter: @simonhodson99 | Skype: simonhodson99
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96 | Tel (Cell): +33 6 86 30 42 59

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE

Begin forwarded message: