[CODATA-international] Invitation to the Open Data Panel Discussion - 4 November in Cambridge
Marta.Teperek at admin.cam.ac.uk
Sun Oct 11 15:40:30 EDT 2015
Dear All (apologies for cross-posting),
I would like to invite you to an exciting event about Open Data that we are organising at the University of Cambridge in the evening of 4 November:
Open Data - moving science forward, or a waste of time and money?
Wednesday 4 November, 7pm - 10pm
Are you aware of the new funders' requirements<http://www.data.cam.ac.uk/funders> for sharing research data? Will Open Science and sharing research data benefit society and help move science forward? Or is Open Data simply a waste of time and money?
Come to the Open Data panel discussion and take part in a conversation led by researchers, funders, and policy-makers:
* Rafael Carazo-Salas<http://www.gen.cam.ac.uk/news/bbsrc-big-data-award>, Group Leader, Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge
* Sarah Jones<http://www.dcc.ac.uk/about-us/dcc-staff-directory/sarah-jones>, Senior Institutional Support Officer, Digital Curation Centre
* Frances Rawle<http://www.mrc.ac.uk/research/research-policy-ethics/data-sharing/policy/>, Head of Corporate Governance and Policy, Medical Research Council
* Tim Smith<http://tjs.web.cern.ch/tjs/>, Group Leader, Collaboration and Information Services, CERN/Zenodo
* Mark Thorley<http://exchanges.wiley.com/blog/2014/06/02/his-life-is-open-access-and-open-data-meet-mark-thorley-of-rcuk/>, Research Councils UK Open Access Policy, and Natural Environment Research Council
The discussion will be around five main topics:
* Benefits of Open Data
* Possible negative aspects of data sharing - What are the possible side effects of data sharing?
* Accessibility of Open Data
* Open Data and the future of publishing
* Incentives for data sharing
You are welcome to contribute your own questions to any of these topics<http://goo.gl/forms/itb7kLsIIK>.
Read the full programme and register here<http://www.data.cam.ac.uk/events/open-data-moving-science-forward-or-waste-time-and-money>.
Many thanks and best wishes,
Marta Teperek, PhD
Research Data Facilitator
University Library/ Research Operations Office
University of Cambridge
e-mail: marta.teperek at admin.cam.ac.uk<mailto:marta.teperek at admin.cam.ac.uk>
tel. 01223 333138
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CODATA-international