[CODATA - Data Science Training] Applying to be a Global Leadership Fellow

Felix Emeka Anyiam felixemekaanyiam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 02:12:25 EST 2019

FELLOWSHIP REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS

The Alliance for Science Global Leadership Fellows Program is an extremely
intensive 12-week experiential training course. We seek participants with
extraordinary leadership drive, a high level of engagement in professional
networks, and a passion for enhancing food security, environmental
sustainability, and access to scientific innovations such as agricultural
biotechnology to help meet the formidable global challenges of today.
Applicants to the 12-week Fellows Program should be prepared for long days
of instruction, complex subject matter, homework assignments, some weekend
and evening activities, and active participation in both their country
groups and the larger 2019 cohort of Fellows.

The 2019 Global Leadership Fellows Program will be held August 26-November
15 at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, which is about a four-hour
drive from New York City.

   - The Fellowship training is conducted in English. Applicants must be
   proficient in English to participate.
   - Full course participation is required. If you are unable to commit to
   the full 12-week program, we may not be able to consider your participation.
   - Pre-course readings and homework will be assigned to incoming
   participants to complete prior to the start of the program.
   - Participants will need use of a personal laptop for the training. If
   you are admitted to the program and laptop access will be a problem, please
   just let us know.
   - Living space will be shared. Training participants will live with
   other participants of the same gender in apartments around Ithaca, New
   York. Each participant will have a private bedroom. Bathrooms and common
   space will be shared. Some apartments will be located walking distance to
   Cornell University campus and some will require use of a local bus.
   - Participants will need a valid passport that remains valid for the
   next 12 months in order to secure a travel visa.

HOW TO APPLY TO THE GLOBAL LEADERSHIP FELLOWS PROGRAM

We use an online application form that* does not permit* applicants to save
information as they work in the document.  To avoid the loss of your work,
we strongly suggest you develop and save your responses in a draft
application, then copy and paste the information from that document into
the online form when you are ready to submit. Additionally, one application
question requires a video response that must be recorded, uploaded, and
transcribed in advance. Applicants may access a sample application here
<https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-APPLICATION-Alliance-for-Science-Global-Leadership-Fellows-Program.pdf>
.

Applicants who are ready to apply — and that includes having already
recorded and uploaded their one-minute video on YouTube — may fill out
the online
registration form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdx0TG5q4k4JdPHtA66teTZNatCF7spxlxuLXmxgvRTiZVAgQ/viewform>
.

The deadline for applying is March 1, 2019. Any questions, please write to
alliancetraining at cornell.edu. Thank you!

For more information and Application:
https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/education/global-leadership-fellowship/applying-global-leadership-fellow/

--

Felix Emeka Anyiam

*Research Officer & Data Analyst/Scientist*

Centre for Health and Development

University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)

Top Floor, Medical Library Building

University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH), Port Harcourt

River State, Nigeria.

 ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2774-7406

 Skype ID: @felix.emeka.anyiam

tel: +234 (0) 806 499 5462

email: chd at uniport.edu.ng

http://www.uniport.edu.ng/centres/170-centre-for-health-and-development-chd.html

*The CODATA-RDA School of Research Data Science, ICTP, Trieste Italy
Alumni  <https://vimeo.com/232209813>*

 I don't mind not knowing.  It doesn't scare me.  - Richard Feynman

To consult the statistician after an experiment is finished is often merely
to ask him to conduct a post mortem examination. He can perhaps say
what the experiment died of. -Ronald A. Fisher.

This message has been scanned for malware by Avast. www.avast.com

Virus-free.
<#m_-7133444233715883310_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>