[CODATA-international] Launch of the Data Science Without Borders Project!

Asha CODATA asha at codata.org
Wed Feb 21 02:03:14 EST 2024

This week, the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa
CDC) <https://africacdc.org/> is hosting the launch meeting of the Data
Science Without Borders Project, funded by Wellcome and coordinated by
the African
Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
<https://aphrc.org/runit/data-measurement-and-evaluation/>. Along with
the Turing
Institute <https://www.turing.ac.uk/> and the London School of Hygiene and
Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) <https://www.lshtm.ac.uk/>, CODATA is one of the
technical partners. We will be working with pathfinder institutions in
Ethiopia (Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI)), Sénégal (Institute for
Health Research, Epidemiological Surveillance and Training (IRESSEF)) and
Cameroon (Duoala General Hospital (DGH)). It’s an extremely promising
project and I’m very excited that we’re involved. It builds on a number of
years’ collaboration with APHRC through a series of ‘INSPIRE’ projects and
the work of the WorldFAIR Project WP07 on Population Health
<https://worldfair-project.eu/population-health/>. Our role will include
the design and implementation of a Trusted Research Environment (TRE), a
low code / no code analysis environment, connected to a visualizations
capable INSPIRE SDMX (Statistical Data and Metadata Exchange).  More soon!

Thanks,
Asha

--
___________________________

*Cross Domain Interoperability Framework (CDIF), Discovery Module (v01
draft for public consultation): *feedback invited!
<https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.10252564>

*CRDF-CODATA Connect Podcast Series: Open Geo AI: *Unveiling Satellite
Insights through
Open Data
<https://crdf.org.in/podcast/open-geo-ai-unveiling-satellite-insights-through-open-data>

*Submit your International Data Week / SciDataCon 2023 Paper to the
CODATA Data Science Journal: *deadline 31 March 2024
<https://codata.org/submit-your-international-data-week-scidatacon-2023-paper-to-the-codata-data-science-journal-deadline-31-march-2024/>

January 2023 publications
<https://codata.org/read-now-january-2024-publications-in-the-data-science-journal/>
in
the CODATA Data Science Journal <https://datascience.codata.org/>

*Stay in touch with CODATA:*

Stay up to date with CODATA activities: join the CODATA International News
list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/codata-international_lists.codata.org>

Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data
stewardship?  Sign up to the CODATA early career community-run data
science training and careers list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/data_science_training_lists.codata.org>

Follow us on social media! Twitter <https://twitter.com/CODATANews> -
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/codata.org/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-hodson-b3711a11/> - Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/codatainternational/>

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Science Council), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE