[CODATA-international] DataCite Events in April & May 2024

Paul Vierkant paul.vierkant at datacite.org
Thu Apr 11 03:05:12 EDT 2024

**** Apologies for cross-posting ****

Dear all,

I kindly invite you to join the following webinars happening in the upcoming two months. Please note that some of the events are held in languages other than English:

IGSN ID Registration: Moving from Interest to Implementation
23 April, 2024 01:30 PM (UTC)
The webinar will showcase real-world examples of implementing the International Generic Sample Number (IGSN ID) system demonstrating practical workflows for researchers to register IGSN IDs.
Register here: https://datacite.zoom.us/webinar/register/9517127424847/WN_mR53rfPSQvei8zQfSRHyVw
———

DataCite Open Hours – Harvesting DataCite Metadata and GAF Projects
24 April, 2024, 03:00 PM (UTC)
For the Q2 edition of Open Hours, we will be hearing from three of the Global Access Fund (GAF) awarded projects. We will also be taking some time to discuss the topic of harvesting metadata.
Register here: https://datacite.org/event/datacite-open-hours-april-2024/
———

DataCite Connect Prague 2024 (in person)
10 June, 2024, Prague, Czech Republic, co-located with PIDfest, 11–13 June 2024;
The DataCite community will convene to discuss how we can collectively make the most of metadata. In the session, we will discuss the value of consistent, standardized, and complete metadata; provide insight into current metadata practices; hear from DataCite Members about metadata challenges they face; and also discuss how registered metadata is currently (re)used. This is an in-person event that will not be recorded or streamed. Registration for DataCite Connect is free of charge.
Register here: https://datacite.org/event/datacite-connect-prague-dataciteconnect24/
———

Save the Date: DataCite Annual Community Meeting 2024
Please save the date for our DataCite Annual Member Meeting 2024. On September 25, 2024, we will convene virtually to share ideas and discuss the latest developments. We look forward to meeting you and will share details in the upcoming weeks.
———

De los DOI a los IGSN ID: Optimizando la Gestión de Datos y Muestras Físicas en la Investigación Científica Latinoamericana
11 de abril de 2024, 09:00 UTC-6 / 12:00 UTC-3
Únete a nosotros para un seminario web dirigido a la comunidad latinoamericana en el que exploraremos la convergencia de los Identificadores de Objetos Digitales (DOI) para repositorios de datos con los Números Internacionales Genéricos de Muestras (IGSN ID) para objetos físicos, profundizando en el panorama evolutivo de la gestión de datos y sus implicaciones para las personas e instituciones dedicadas a la investigación en toda América Latina.
Inscríbase aquí: https://datacite.zoom.us/webinar/register/7117107550581/WN_2tMyqt5pTPmnSWc8bCZlFA
———

Introduction à DataCite: Améliorer l'équité, l'accès et l'adoption des identifiants persistants (PID)
April 17, 2024, 01:00 PM (UTC)
Le webinaire vise à améliorer l'adoption de l'infrastructure d'identification persistante (PID) dans les pays sous-représentés, notamment les pays francophones d'Afrique, en connectant la recherche régionale à l'écosystème mondial via DataCite, des études de cas et des bonnes pratiques pour les chercheurs, bibliothécaires, gestionnaires de dépôts et décideurs.
Veuillez vous inscrire ici: https://datacite.zoom.us/webinar/register/7217104910488/WN_PF3ouxV9TXisrtQWd2LuGQ
———

Pengantar DataCite: Meningkatkan Adopsi Ekuitas, Akses, dan Pengidentifikasi Persisten (PID)
8 May 2024, 10 AM Indonesia time, 11 AM Malaysia time, 3 AM UTC
DataCite, sebuah organisasi global nirlaba yang menyediakan persistent identifier (PID) untuk sumber daya penelitian, meluncurkan Program Duta DataCite untuk meningkatkan kesadaran dan kolaborasi di antara komunitas regional, bagian dari Program Akses Global (GAP) yang bertujuan untuk meningkatkan kesetaraan akses dan adopsi PID infrastruktur, dengan webinar ini sebagai bagian dari upaya mereka untuk menghubungkan penelitian di Malaysia/Indonesia dengan ekosistem penelitian global melalui infrastruktur PID.
Silakan mendaftar di sini: https://datacite.zoom.us/webinar/register/3417107561738/WN_4M9Mn2rdQNWfGEKW3RILDA

If you would like to keep up to date with future events or watch recordings of previous events, please visit our website:
https://datacite.org/events/

Best regards,

Paul
--

Paul Vierkant | Outreach Manager | DataCite
he/him/his | Central European time <https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/germany/berlin>