[CODATA-international] Join us at SciDataCon for a session on "The role of research data repositories in open science and research data policy development"

Nina Weisweiler nina.weisweiler at os.helmholtz.de
Thu Oct 19 10:48:51 EDT 2023

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear colleagues,

The hybrid International Data Week 2023
<https://internationaldataweek.org/idw2023/>in Salzburg is just one week
away!

With that, I would like to draw your attention to the SciDataCon session
“*The role of research data repositories in open science and research
data policy development*”, organized by the Helmholtz Open Science
Office <https://os.helmholtz.de/> as representative of the re3data COREF
<https://coref.project.re3data.org/> project:

https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW-2023-Salzburg/sessions/549/
<https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW-2023-Salzburg/sessions/549/>

In our session, we will explore what motivations, priorities, expected
outcomes, and strategies guide the policy development process; what
stakeholders expect from research data repositories; and what actions
repositories are taking to facilitate policy implementation.

The session will include lightning talks from the perspective of various
stakeholders that have developed policies and guidelines for Open
Science practices and research data handling, namely research
organizations, funding organizations, journals, and research data
repositories. These insights will be followed by a presentation on the
topic of harmonization and standardization of data policies, which is a
key motivation for activities in the national and international research
data community. The session will conclude with a moderated discussion
where participants are invited to share their experiences and views on
the topic.

The session is scheduled for *Thursday, October 26, 09:30-11:00 (UTC)*
and located at *Doppler Hall*.

I hope to meet you there in person or on screen!

With best regards from the re3data team and Helmholtz Open Science Office,
Nina Weisweiler

P.S. The registration for IDW closes tomorrow, so hurry if you haven't
registered yet. (Zwinkern)

--
Nina Weisweiler

Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft / Helmholtz Association

Helmholtz Open Science Office | Helmholtz Metadata Collaboration (HMC)

Tel: + 49 (0) 331-288 28989

E-Mail:nina.weisweiler at os.helmholtz.de

Web:https://os.helmholtz.de  |https://helmholtz-metadaten.de

Mastodon:https://helmholtz.social/@HelmholtzOpenScienceOffice

Twitter: @helmholtz_os

c/o Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam