[CODATA-international] Registration open: MDC Summit on September 12-13, 2023 in Washington, DC

Paul Vierkant paul.vierkant at datacite.org
Wed May 3 06:37:01 EDT 2023

**With apologies for cross-posting**

Dear Colleagues,

Make Data Count (MDC, https://makedatacount.org/) is convening the first-ever summit dedicated to the topic of data impact, data usage, and data metrics. This two-day in-person summit will bring together representatives of the research community, government data administrators, funders, policymakers, publishers and infrastructure providers to discuss and solve the diverse and complex challenges of implementing open data assessment metrics and the infrastructures that support them.

Make Data Count is a global, community-led initiative focused on the development of open research data assessment metrics. The principles of our social and technical infrastructure are rooted in transparency and accessibility. Our goals are to drive a community of practice around open, normalized data usage and data citation as initial steps towards the development of evidence-based research data assessment metrics.

Together, we can develop shared priorities to assess and further develop open data metrics infrastructure. With this foundation, we can advance research and policies that support these investments to truly make data count.

Register now and share within your networks: https://summit.makedatacount.org/
Please note, this is a live, in-person only event.

Best regards,
Paul Vierkant
--

Paul Vierkant | Outreach Manager | DataCite
he/him/his | Central European time <https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/germany/berlin>