[CODATA-international] AGU 2023 - session IN016 - Approaches to Networking Global Data Resources: Technical, Organizational, and Cultural Requirements, as well as known Accomplishments

Haslinger Florian florian.haslinger at sed.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 27 06:45:02 EDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

… yet another AGU session advertisement …

Are you networking distributed data, tools and services within a single or across multiple Earth sciences domains - already today, thinking about it for tomorrow, or wondering if at all?

Then have a look at AGU 2023 session
 IN016 - Approaches to Networking Global Data Resources: Technical, Organizational, and Cultural Requirements, as well as known Accomplishments <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm23/prelim.cgi/Session/190116>

that is waiting for your contributions!

Abstract submission closes on 2 August, less than a week from now.

Thanks a lot for your consideration,

the conveners

Lesley Wyborn
Rebecca Farrington
Kerstin Lehnert
Florian Haslinger

invited speakers
Alice Gabriel, Scripps/UCSD and LMU Munich
Bob Downs, CIESIN/Columbia University

full session abstract
The era of Wide, Open, Science offers endless opportunities to harness global data resources to address societal problems that affect our planet such as climate change, pandemics, environmentally sustainable exploitation of our resources.

Data science and ICT technologies are rapidly evolving and offer tools to create global interoperable data networks and Open Science Clouds. Groups, large and small, are developing networks to share data, tools and services. Some are international, well established, and have accomplished much. Others operate at a national level and are eager to connect with equivalents internationally, including the Global South.

This session seeks contributions from those that are networking distributed data, tools and services and can discuss ICT and data challenges they are facing, showcase best practices, and demonstrate scientific use cases they hope to solve. In particular, we welcome abstracts from small, emerging networks that are seeking to raise their profile and extend their reach.

Swiss Seismological Service
ETH Zurich

Dr. Florian Haslinger
NO H65