[CODATA-international] nestor „Survey on digital preservation networks 2023“

Strathmann, Stefan strathmann at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Jul 4 08:38:21 EDT 2023

+++ Apologies for cross posting +++

Dear Colleagues,
during the last years several communities and networks for digital preservation have evolved all over the world. While some cover all aspects of digital preservation, others focus on specific aspects of digital preservation. It has become an interesting but often hard to navigate landscape. That’s why members of nestor - the German Network of Expertise in Digital Preservation decided to repeat the survey of digital preservation focused on communities and networks. The survey will be open until July 18th, 2023.

To the survey:

https://zbw-umfrage.limesurvey.net/792658?lang=en

The results of the survey will be published [anonymously] in Open Access (excluding personal information such as the name and e-mail). Information regarding to data privacy protection is included in the survey. Please keep in mind that we need only one completed questionnaire per community / network. Please communicate this in your network and ensure, that this single questionnaire is the “official” version of you community.
We hope that the survey’s outcome will increase visibility and transparency of digital preservation communities around the world. Gathered data will allow insight into the wide community landscape from geographical as well as digital preservation viewpoints. The results of the last nestor Community Survey in 2019 - 2020 ( https://nbn-resolving.de/urn:nbn:de:0008-2022041204 ) are published in Open Access, as well as the emerged community profiles ( https://www.langzeitarchivierung.de/Webs/nestor/EN/Services/nestor_Community_Profiles/nestor_Community_Profiles_node.html ) which provide an unprecedented global overview of networks in the field of long-term archiving - irrespective of their size and area of focus.
We greatly appreciate your participation in our survey
The survey has been designed by nestor - the German Network of Expertise in Digital Preservation ( https://www.langzeitarchivierung.de/Webs/nestor/EN/Home )

--
Stefan Strathmann

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Göttingen State and University Library
D-37070 Göttingen

Platz der Göttinger Sieben 1 (Central Library, Room 2.23)
+49 551 39-27806

strathmann at sub.uni-goettingen.de
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/