[CODATA-international] Please be champion for EDI scholarships initiative in your university

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 06:37:08 EST 2023

Dear colleagues,

Happy International Day of Education to everyone. Details at https://www.unesco.org/en/days/education

Education is a human right, a public good and a public responsibility.

May I request you to be champion in your university for EDI scholarships initiative. May I request you to kindly share and support the Open Letter that I published  requesting EDI scholarships at all UK universities.

Details at

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/open-letter-requesting-edi-scholarships-all-uk-suchith-anand

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/open-letter-requesting-scholarships-all-russell-group-suchith-anand

I would like to thank the International Science Council for the strong support provided for me in my work for GeoForAll and building Open Geospatial Science.

https://council.science/current/blog/no-problem-is-too-big-combating-discrimination-in-geospatial-science/

I am very grateful for the amazing support from colleagues around the world that I received for the EDI scholarships initiative. I am confident that more students from economically poor families and first-generation students will get higher education opportunities in the near future.

I request universities all over the world to provide scholarships for first-generation students and for students from economically poor families.

I am very grateful to all of you for your work and contributions for making education opportunities available for everyone.

I look forward to working with all  universities worldwide to increase education opportunities for all students.

Best wishes

Suchith

Dr Suchith Anand

Senior Adviser to Governments and International Organisations | Scientist | Board member | Governance | Policy | Consultant in Data Science and Data Ethics | Global Citizen | SDG Volunteer and Advocate

https://council.science/profile/suchith-anand/

https://www.rd-alliance.org/users/suchith-anand

https://ethicaldatainitiative.org

attachment.