[CODATA-international] Register now: Webinar on Data Stewardship – What’s in for me?

Asha CODATA asha at codata.org
Wed Aug 16 08:12:47 EDT 2023

*Topic for the day:* “Empowering Your Data Journey: Unleashing the Value of
Data Stewardship”

*Date:* Monday 18 September 2023

*Time (plus zone):* 12:00 UK (13:00 CEST)

*Duration:* 45 min session and 15 min Question Answers (Total 1 hour)

*Registration link:*
 https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0tduqqpzkqEtW2eK7M6bROjOvtc7CFKspy
<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0tduqqpzkqEtW2eK7M6bROjOvtc7CFKspy>

*Brief Write up about the session:*

Everyone is talking about data stewardship. But what does it really mean?
And, especially, what’s in it for me and why should I care?

This webinar will cover the very practical aspects of data stewardship:
what do people mean by it, why it is important (= the selfish benefits of
good data stewardship), and, crucially, where and how to look for help. The
session will be interactive, with plenty of time for questions and
discussion.

*Name of the Speaker:* Dr Marta Teperek

*Designation:* Programme Leader for FAIR Data

*Affiliation*: Open Science NL, Part of the Dutch Research Council (NWO),
The Hague, the Netherlands

Marta Teperek is the Programme Leader for FAIR Data at the Dutch Research
Council (NWO). She is a researcher by training and she got her PhD in
epigenetics and developmental biology from the University of Cambridge.
After completing her PhD she led the establishment of the research data
support team at Cambridge. Subsequently, she moved to the Netherlands to
take up the role of Data Stewardship Coordinator at TU Delft, where she
built and led a team of disciplinary data stewards. Before starting my job
with NWO, she was the director of 4TU.ResearchData and the head of Research
Data Services at TU Delft Library.

Thanks,

Asha

--

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE