[CODATA-international] Update of the re3data Metadata Schema: Version 4.0

Nina Weisweiler nina.weisweiler at os.helmholtz.de
Thu Aug 10 10:52:53 EDT 2023

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear colleagues,

on behalf of the re3data COREF project, I am happy to announce that
Version 4.0 of the re3data metadata schema has been
published:<https://www.re3data.org/schema>https://doi.org/10.48440/re3.014

The new version realizes three major changes in addition to several
minor adjustments and is now ready for implementation into the re3data
technical infrastructure:

  *

    relatedRepositoryThe new property relatedRepository offers the
    option to describe relationships between repositories, such as
    between predecessors and successors.

  *

    fundingInformationWith the new property fundingInformation,
    information on repository funding can be expressed, including funder
    names and identifiers.

  *

    contentTypeThe controlled vocabulary for indexing contentType will
    be switched to a subset of theCOAR Resource Types 3.1
    <https://vocabularies.coar-repositories.org/resource_types/>vocabulary
    (dataset
    <https://vocabularies.coar-repositories.org/resource_types/c_ddb1/>with
    subtypes ;image
    <https://vocabularies.coar-repositories.org/resource_types/c_c513/>with
    subtypes ;software
    <https://vocabularies.coar-repositories.org/resource_types/c_5ce6/>with
    subtypes ;text
    <https://vocabularies.coar-repositories.org/resource_types/c_18cf/>without
    subtypes).

We thank the repository community for their valuable feedback on the
schema development!

More details about the update can be found in our blog:
https://coref.project.re3data.org/blog/releasing-version-4-0-of-the-re3data-metadata-schema

Best regardsfrom the re3data team

--
Nina Weisweiler

Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft / Helmholtz Association

Helmholtz Open Science Office | Helmholtz Metadata Collaboration (HMC)

Tel: + 49 (0) 331-288 28989

E-Mail:nina.weisweiler at os.helmholtz.de

Web:https://os.helmholtz.de  |https://helmholtz-metadaten.de

Mastodon:https://helmholtz.social/@HelmholtzOpenScienceOffice

Twitter: @helmholtz_os

c/o Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam