[CODATA-international] The Guardian article

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 27 12:38:36 EDT 2023

Colonialism had impacts in many countries globally.

These articles might be of interest.

Dr Shashi Tharoor MP made a speech at a 2015 Oxford Union debate on the topic "Does Britain owe reparations to its former colonies?"

Video recording at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7CW7S0zxv4

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/08/inglorious-empire-shashi-tharoor-world-economic-forum-book-club/

"We will liberate ourselves from a colonial mindset," India's External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar has said, proclaiming India's new agenda and laying out its global implications.

"Our rich civilisational heritage will be a source of pride and strength," he added at the UN General Assembly.

https://www.businessinsider.in/india/we-will-liberate-ourselves-from-a-colonial-mindset-jaishankar-declares/articleshow/94430304.cms

Best wishes

Suchith