[CODATA-international] Vacancy – DRI Director at the Digital Repository of Ireland
M.DOran at ria.ie
Wed Nov 2 10:14:51 EDT 2022
Applications are invited for the position of DRI Director at the Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI), located at the Royal Irish Academy (RIA).
This is a specified-purpose contract from 1 January – 31 December 2023 for a Director to cover a career break for the current DRI Director. The Director will assume the responsibilities of the current Director, who as chief executive has responsibility for DRI’s direction, leadership, management and ongoing service delivery. The Director leads DRI’s Management Team and is responsible to the DRI Board. As an employee of the RIA, the Director reports to the RIA Executive Director.
The key accountabilities are:
* Lead the development of plans to meet DRI’s mission and vision, providing oversight of the strategic, operational and budgetary imperatives of the DRI national research infrastructure for the humanities, social sciences and cultural heritage
* Ensure the delivery of DRI’s key performance indicators as outlined in the Service Level Agreement with DRI’s funders and maintain regular reporting to and communications with the funders
* Take the lead role in activities to widen the funding structure of the DRI, develop new funding sources to ensure the long-term sustainability and impact of the DRI, and secure additional funded projects that contribute to DRI’s strategic growth
* Ensure the continued implementation of good governance at the DRI, including reporting to the DRI Board, maintaining regular contact with the Chair and nurturing good relationships and trust with board members
* Maintain strong lines of communication and consultation between DRI partners (RIA, TCD, MU), including chairing the Management Team that provides oversight for DRI’s key operational decisions
* Serve as Principal Investigator on several of DRI’s research projects, ensuring that project milestones are met, and that the projects contribute positively to DRI’s strategic priorities
* Serve on the Core Oversight Committee and Grants Oversight Committees of the National Open Research Forum (NORF) and support the work of the DRI as the coordinating organisation for the NORF
* Take a visible role in advocacy on issues central to DRI’s mandate, and contribute to policy development at institutional, national and international levels
* Keep abreast of key developments in the field, maintaining active participation in national and international fora central to DRI’s strategic focus on Digital Preservation, Open Science and Digital Cultural Heritage
* Represent DRI to the general public, maintain effective working relationships with DRI member institutions and stakeholders, and build new connections within DRI’s designated communities
* Provide line management for seven direct reports at the DRI headquarters located at the RIA, and coordinate with DRI staff at TCD and MU
Visit the Royal Irish Academy vacancies section for more information: https://www.ria.ie/news/digital-repository-ireland-vacancies/vacancy-director-digital-repository-ireland
I would be grateful if you could share details of this job opportunity with your network.
The closing date for applications is 24 November 2022.
Dr Michelle Doran
National Open Research Forum
Digital Repository of Ireland
Royal Irish Academy
The Academy is subject to the FOI Act 2014, the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003 and 2018, GDPR (EU 2016/679) and S.I. No. 336/2011, EC Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations. For further information see our website www.ria.ie/privacy-and-data-protection
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CODATA-international