[CODATA-international] AGU 2022: Making Climate Data Actionable: Tailored Products and Tools based on User Needs

Christian Pagé christian.page at cerfacs.fr
Thu Jun 30 10:53:28 EDT 2022

Dear colleague,

We would like to encourage you to submit an abstract to the following session of the Fall 2022 American Geophysical Union that will take place in Chicago, IL & Online Everywhere (12-16 December 2022).

GC056 - Making Climate Data Actionable: Tailored Products and Tools based on User Needs (GC Session ID# 157525)
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm22/prelim.cgi/Session/157525  <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Session/104374>

The goal of this session is to discuss tailored products and tools that can make climate data actionable. There will also be invited speakers in this session.

The latest IPCC reports underscore the need for rapid action to mitigate and adapt to climate change. This requires the use of climate data to inform decision-making at all levels of society. To be used effectively, this increasing volume of data needs to be made accessible and available in the formats and scales required by users. There is thus a strong need of having efficient and novel tools to process data in order to generate tailored products, in a FAIR context (Findable Accessible Interoperable Reusable).

We welcome abstracts presenting novel tools and methods that leverage and tailor climate data to a wide variety of end users from diverse communities, including governments and the general public. We also invite contributions on the interaction between researchers and practitioners, on innovative ways to communicate uncertainties of climate predictions and projections, and on state-of-the-art products that help push concrete actions considering the current climate action urgency.

We look forward to a stimulating set of talks and discussions, and hope that you will consider participating. Please note that the strict deadline for abstract submission is Wednesday, 3 August at 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT.

To submit an abstract to this session:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm22/gc/papers/index.cgi?sessionid=157525  <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/in/papers/index.cgi?sessionid=104374>

and general information about abstract submissions:
https://www.agu.org/Fall-Meeting/Pages/Present/Abstracts  <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Home/0>

Please circulate this to your colleagues who may have interest in this session.  We look forward to receiving your contribution.

Best regards,

Christian Pagé
CERFACS, Toulouse, France

Julia Barrott
Stockholm Environment Institute, Oxford, UK

Timo Kelder
Climate Adaptation Services (CAS), Bussum, Netherlands