[CODATA-international] LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER: Data interoperability in Europe: where we are and where we are going?

Asha CODATA asha at codata.org
Mon Jul 11 05:50:45 EDT 2022

The GOSC DataIO Working Group is delighted to announce the next in its
series of webinars surveying current work on data and metadata
interoperability.  Our speaker is Milan Ojsteršek, co-chair of the WG:
Milan is involved in many European initiatives and has an almost
unparalleled view of activities in Europe.

The webinar will be run twice to facilitate the participation of colleagues
in the widest possible range of timezones.  Please register using the links
below:

12 July, 08:00 UTC:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYvfuGvpjovHde_QNCdAX4P-LMElLtkCByH
12 July, 17:00 UTC:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYufu2vrDgqHtQ430p0PHryQY24aggfQVvZ

*Data interoperability in Europe: where we are and where we are going?*

Would you like to know the current state of data interoperability in
Europe? Are you familiar with the EOSC Strategic Research and Innovation
Agenda (SRIA) <https://eosc.eu/sria>, the EOSC Reference Architecture
<https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4420096>, and the EOSC Interoperability
Framework
<https://op.europa.eu/flexpaper/common/view.jsp?doc=d787ea54-6a87-11eb-aeb5-01aa75ed71a1.en.PDF.pdf&format=pdf>?
Are you familiar with the European research infrastructures and
projects that define recommendations and guidelines on data
interoperability? In this presentation, we will present the current state
of data interoperability in Europe, the problems that need to be solved,
and good practices and recommendations in the field of data
interoperability. The presentation will focus on semantic interoperability,
but we will also present recommendations on other interoperability
aspects (infrastructure, technical, organizational, and legal). We will
focus on recommendations for machine readability, interpretability, and
actionability of FAIR digital objects in European
research infrastructures.  After surveying the SRIA, EOSC architecture and
IF, the presentation will focus on the results of some major European
projects and Research Infrastructures.

*Milan Ojsteršek* is the head of the Laboratory for Heterogeneous Computer
Systems at the University of Maribor, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and
Computer Science. His research focuses on heterogeneous computing systems,
semantic web, natural language processing, open access repositories, and
research data archives. He leads the development and operation of Slovenian
open-access infrastructure and several international and national projects
connected to the open-access infrastructure, open data, knowledge
management, and academic integrity. Milan Ojsteršek is a co-chair of CODATA
GOSC Data interoperability working group, a member of the EOSC
Semantic interoperability Task Force, member of several working groups in
RDA, and a member of auditing board of the European network of academic
integrity. He is a co-author of EOSC Interoperability Framework.

Thanks,

Asha

--
___________________________

*FAIR Digital Objects Forum: *Call for Abstracts, Deadline 10 July
<https://codata.org/fair-digital-objects-forum-call-for-abstracts-deadline-10-july/>

*Data interoperability in Europe: where we are and where we are going?
(A GOSC DataIO Webinar), 12 July: *REGISTER NOW
<https://codata.org/data-interoperability-in-europe-where-we-are-and-where-we-are-going-a-gosc-dataio-webinar/>

*WorldFAIR: Global cooperation on FAIR data policy and practice –
*Kick-Off Meeting introduces major
new initiative to advance implementation of the FAIR data principles
<https://codata.org/worldfair-global-cooperation-on-fair-data-policy-and-practice-kick-off-meeting-introduces-major-new-initiative-to-advance-implementation-of-the-fair-data-principles/>

April 2022 publications
<https://codata.org/april-2022-publications-in-the-data-science-journal/> in
the CODATA Data Science Journal <https://datascience.codata.org/>

*Stay in touch with CODATA:*

Stay up to date with CODATA activities: join the CODATA International News
list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/codata-international_lists.codata.org>

Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data
stewardship?  Sign up to the CODATA early career community-run data
science training and careers list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/data_science_training_lists.codata.org>

Follow us on social media! Twitter <https://twitter.com/CODATANews> -
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/codata.org/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-hodson-b3711a11/> - Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/codatainternational/>

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE