[CODATA-international] Converging Science and Technology in a Digital Era – an overview of ISC data-related activities

Asha CODATA asha at codata.org
Tue Feb 1 06:32:04 EST 2022

Knowledge sharing session for ISC Members, ISC affiliated bodies and their
wider networks.

15 February 2022, 08:00 UTC
16 February 2022, 15:00 UTC

Global society is in the throes of a digital revolution that has
transformed the way in which information and knowledge are acquired,
stored, communicated and used. This revolution is distinguished by its
speed, its global pervasiveness and its disruptive consequences and poses
powerful opportunities and radical challenges both to science and to
society to adapt in ways that maximise beneficial and minimise negative
outcomes.

Since its first year of operation, the International Science Council has
made “data” a scientific priority in both the 2019 – 2021 Action Plan
<https://council.science/what-we-do/2019-2021/> and the 2022 – 2024 Action
Plan <https://council.science/actionplan/>. In this edition of the ISC
knowledge sharing sessions, we will give an overview of “Domain 2:
Converging Science and Technology in a Digital Era” in the 2022 – 2024
Action Plan and the related projects within this domain, and we will
present the current portfolio of activities and opportunities for
collaboration with the ISC affiliated bodies “The Committee on Data (CODATA)”
and “World Data System (WDS)“.

All representatives and staff members of ISC Members
<https://council.science/members/online-drectory/>and affiliated bodies
<https://council.science/what-we-do/affiliated-bodies/> are cordially
invited to join us for these sessions, and to extend an invitation to
interested colleagues from your wider networks.

Please register at https://council.science/members/isc-data-activities/

Thanks,

Asha

--
___________________________

*Call for Sessions, SciDataCon 2022, part of International Data Week: *DEADLINE
<https://codata.org/one-month-to-go-call-for-sessions-at-scidatacon-part-of-international-data-week-2022/>

*Data to Improve our World in 2022! *End of year message from the CODATA
Secretariat <https://codata.org/data-to-improve-our-world-in-2022/>

*Overview of CODATA Activities and Achievements:* Report Presented to
the CODATA General Assembly November 2021
<https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5670945>

November 2021 publications
<https://codata.org/november-2021-publications-in-the-data-science-journal/> in
the CODATA Data Science Journal <https://datascience.codata.org/>

*Stay in touch with CODATA:*

Stay up to date with CODATA activities: join the CODATA International News
list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/codata-international_lists.codata.org>

Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data
stewardship?  Sign up to the CODATA early career community-run data
science training and careers list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/data_science_training_lists.codata.org>

Follow us on social media! Twitter <https://twitter.com/CODATANews> -
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/codata.org/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-hodson-b3711a11/> - Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/codatainternational/>

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE