[CODATA-international] Fw: Call for Hosting: Ethical Data Research Centres

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 06:06:47 EST 2022

Dear colleagues

It is great to see the amazing interest from many universities around the world for Ethical Data Initiative. Thank you for your interest and support.

We are excited to explore ideas for expanding collaborations in Data Ethics (joint research , publications, policy papers, webinars, training programs , Thinktanks, workshops etc) with key research universities working in Data Science.

We have been contacted by many universities wishing to work with us in various capacities.  One of them is the EPSRC CDT in Geospatial Systems jointly run by Newcastle University and the University of Nottingham. Details at https://geospatialcdt.ac.uk<https://geospatialcdt.ac.uk/> We are pleased to be involved in their RRI Training program. We are in discussions to finalise the structure of this RRI Training for PhD students.

We are keen to work with more universities in expanding Data Ethics, as part of RRI training and wider university curriculum in Data Science. So please contact us with your ideas and suggestions. Happy to arrange tele-meeting to discuss ideas with you.

We are in discussions with many universities on how to move the initiative forward, so your ideas and inputs are very welcome to plan our future direction.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Suchith