[CODATA-international] SciDataCon 2022 Session “Enhancing Research Transparency and Trustworthiness by Making Dataset Quality Information FAIR” Applications Open!

Asha CODATA asha at codata.org
Wed Apr 20 08:43:16 EDT 2022

Dear all,

We invite you to consider submitting a paper to this session on Enhancing
Research Transparency and Trustworthiness by Making Dataset Quality
Information Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR)
<https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW-2022/sessions/431/>.

One of the key issues in describing data set quality is where and how to
make this information accessible? It is not that we do not know how to
document quality: many documents have been written on quality
specifications for particular instruments, datasets, etc; assessment models
have been developed, and there are documents on how to undertake quality
assessments and prepare dataset quality evaluation reports, etc. However,
this information can be hard to find and in many cases is only preserved in
internal documents and reports that are not released with the data.

*So, just what are the best practices in making dataset quality information
that adhere to the FAIR principles,* and a collective way, so that we can
start to harmonise standards and best practices for collecting and
measuring dataset quality, and ultimately develop internationally agreed
dataset quality assessment models and reporting methodologies to facilitate
global transdisciplinary reuse of datasets?

The focus of this session will be on showcasing examples and sound
practices on how scientists from any discipline are making dataset quality
information both FAIR and persistently accessible with the datasets that
they describe to enhance transparency and trustworthiness.

Please consider showcasing your work on dataset quality and submit your
presentation to this session at https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW-2022/submit/ by
April 25th!

For any questions please feel free to contact the lead session organiser at
lesley.wyborn at anu.edu.au
Thanks,
Asha on behalf of Lesley Wyborn , Mingfang Wu , Ivana Ivanova , Hampapuram
Ramapriyan , Ge Peng , Carlo Lacagnina
--

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE