[CODATA-international] Open Position: Research Associate in the field of Research Data Infrastructures at GESIS, Cologne
Peter.Mutschke at gesis.org
Fri May 21 04:28:12 EDT 2021
* Apologies for cross-posting *
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, funded by federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association.
For the next possible date, our Department Knowledge Technologies for the Social Sciences (WTS), Team FAIR Data and Human Information Interaction located in Cologne, is looking for a
Research Associate in the field of Research Data Infrastructures
(Salary group 13 TV-L, working time 75%, limited to September 2025)
The department Knowledge Technologies for Social Sciences (WTS)<https://www.gesis.org/en/institute/departments/knowledge-technologies-for-the-social-sciences> conducts research at the intersection of information retrieval, knowledge graphs, human information interaction and machine learning as foundation for innovative web portals and platforms for the search and use of research data. WTS innovations are based on a state-of-the-art software stack and research-based innovations in the aforementioned fields.
In the context of the consortium KonsortSWD<https://www.konsortswd.de/en/> of the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI<https://www.nfdi.de/en-gb>) WTS develops innovative services with the goal to improve the reusability and interoperability of research data on the web.
Your tasks will be:
* Development of sustainable and scalable concepts to improve the reusability and interoperability of research data by persistent identifiers and open APIs for standardized data exchange
* Elicitation of research-related use cases, concept and metadata development, requirements elicitation for technical implementation, technical modeling of services, project-accompanying evaluation of the concepts based on the use cases
* Research on own use case at the interface between data science and social science (e.g. knowledge graphs, data linking)
* End user engagement, dissemination of project results through publications and workshops
* Continuous exchange with relevant communities (NFDI, GO FAIR, RDA, EOSC, CESSDA)
* Good university degree (Master or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Science, Data Science, or comparable fields
* Experience in managing research data; research and publication experience
* Good oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of German desirable
* Desirable: experience in software development (with Java), knowledge in the areas of research data infrastructures, metadata and web standards, data formats, Open Science / FAIR Data
For further information and how to apply: https://www.hidden-professionals.de/HPv3.Jobs/gesis/stellenangebot/18453/Research-Associate-in-the-field-of-Research-Data-Infrastructures?lang=en-US
Application deadline: June 6, 2021
Deputy Head of department
Teamleader FAIR Data and Human Information Interaction
Dep. Knowledge Technologies for the Social Sciences
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
Unter Sachsenhausen 6-8
Tel.: +49(0)221 / 47694 -500
Mail: peter.mutschke at gesis.org<mailto:peter.mutschke at gesis.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CODATA-international