[CODATA-international] Do you employ student workers in the delivery of data services?

Paula Lackie plackie at carleton.edu
Wed May 12 17:07:11 EDT 2021

*Do you employ student workers or interns in the support of Data Services?
Would you like to? If so, please take a few moments to tell us about your
experiences by completing this short Qualtrics survey
<https://carleton.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bxX3Nxz0rHtdss6>.The point
of this 5 minute survey is to get an idea of our collective use of student
labor in providing data support services. Please feel free to share it with
like-minded people.We wonder; Are there overlaps in our use of students to
help provide services? Do we have similar challenges?  What do you think?
And, ultimately, can we do better if we coordinate?The results of this
initial pass will be discussed along with models for managing student
workers at the IASSIST '21 Virtual Conference session #3 - 20 May 21
<https://whova.com/embedded/session/iassi_202102/1560736/>. *

*This survey is being distributed through an anonymous link.  Qualtrics
will still capture the following metadata: IP address and location latitude
& longitude.*

*If you choose to provide your contact details at the end, they will only
be used to set up a virtual professional community. They will not be shared
with anyone outside of this new community or used for any other purpose.*

*5 Min survey on using Student Labor in Data Support Services -May'21
<https://carleton.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bxX3Nxz0rHtdss6>*

*Thank you for taking part, and we hope to see many of you at the IASSIST
conference session on the 20th
<https://whova.com/embedded/session/iassi_202102/1560736/>! *

*Paula Lackie - Carleton College, Academic Technologist for DataDeborah
Wiltshire - UK Data Archive, Data ManagerElizabeth Parke - University of
Toronto, Senior Research AssociateTim Dennis - UCLA*

Paula Lackie
* Academic Technologist for Data Carleton College*
<https://carletondatasquad.bitbucket.io>

*~*
*I stand on the homelands of the Wahpekute band of the Dakota Nation. We
honor with gratitude the people who’ve stewarded the land through the
generations and their ongoing contributions to this region. We acknowledge
the ongoing injustices that we have committed to the Dakota Nation, and we
wish to interrupt this legacy, beginning with acts of healing and honest
storytelling about this place.*