[CODATA-international] Announcement/Invitation: "Humanitarian Mapping and Spatial Analysis" by Rupert Allan, 2021-06-14, 17:15 MESZ/GMT+2

Franz-Josef Behr franz-josef.behr at hft-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 10 16:14:19 EDT 2021

Dear colleagues and friends,

after our GDAL/OGR workshop with Jakob Miksch I was able to organize
another public HFT/Geo4ALL/ICA/OSGeo lecture/workshop entitled

*            "Humanitarian Mapping and Spatial Analysis"*

given by *Rupert Allan *(see https://rupertallan.com/
<https://rupertallan.com/>) next Monday afternoon, at 17:15 MESZ/GMT+2.

Rupert will talk based on his practical experiences as Former Country
Manager for Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) in Uganda. I met him
for the first time at FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and we
also could invite him to AGSE 2018
<http://applied-geoinformatics.org/agse-2018/> in Windhoek, Namibia. He
brings with himself an interesting mixture of different educational and
professional backgrounds, as eh holds a Masters in Visual Culture and
Anthropology from the University of Wales, and is a researcher
associated with the Displacement Studies Research Network (University of
Plymouth, UK), and the Manson Unit, (Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF),
London). (https://www.sas.ac.uk/publications/mapping-crisis
<https://www.sas.ac.uk/publications/mapping-crisis>)

I am sure we will get an inspiring talk in this *meeting*.Please let me
know if you want to participate, then I will send you the Zoom invitation.
If you like you /can invite friends and colleagues/ from home or around
the world!

See you on Monday - Franz-Josef