[CODATA-international] SAVE THE DATE: International Data Week 2022, 20–23 June 2022, Seoul, South Korea

Asha CODATA asha at codata.org
Wed Jun 2 06:12:51 EDT 2021

<https://codata.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/IDW_EI_FINAL_1.jpg>

The founding organisations, the International Science Council’s Committee
on Data (CODATA) <https://codata.org/> and World Data System (WDS),
<https://www.worlddatasystem.org/>the Research Data Alliance (RDA)
<https://rd-alliance.org/>, and the local hosts announce that *International
Data Week* <https://internationaldataweek.org/>* 2*021 will be postponed to
20-23 June 2022 for the main conference. Associated events will take place
in the period 18-26 June 2022. The conference will be held as a hybrid
event, in-person in Seoul, South Korea, and virtually.

This decision was made in response to the continuing global COVID-19 crisis
and its aftermath. In order to bring the international data community
together and to  ensure that the event would have the maximum impact for
our hosts in Korea and internationally, it was felt important to have a
significant in person element, which would not have been possible in
November 2021. Although we are keen to maximise the opportunity for
participants to meet in Seoul, the organisers will ensure that there
remains the facility for high quality virtual participation. Announcements
will be made in due course about the arrangements for IDW 2022 and for some
virtual events which will still take place in November 2021. CODATA and WDS
will communicate shortly with those who had already proposed sessions for
SciDataCon <https://www.scidatacon.org/>. RDA will host a global eight-day
virtual plenary meeting during the period from 3-18 November 2021.

We look forward to seeing you – we hope in person – in Seoul in June 2022!

Thanks,

Asha
--
___________________________

*Role of DDI-CDI in EOSC: Discussion and Next Steps* - Workshop on 11 June
- Register Here!
<https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1430439754098534924>

*The Role of DDI-CDI in EOSC: Possible Uses and Applications
<https://codata.org/the-role-of-ddi-cdi-in-eosc-possible-uses-and-applications/>:*
report
for the European Open Science Cloud Co-Creation Project
https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4707263

*Call for Proposals to Host International Data Week 2025: *deadline 30
September 2020
<https://codata.org/call-for-applications-to-host-international-data-week-2025/>

*April 2021 publications*
<https://codata.org/april-2021-publications-in-the-data-science-journal/> in
the CODATA Data Science Journal <https://datascience.codata.org/>

*Stay in touch with CODATA:*

Stay up to date with CODATA activities: join the CODATA International News
list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/codata-international_lists.codata.org>

Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data
stewardship?  Sign up to the CODATA early career community-run data
science training and careers list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/data_science_training_lists.codata.org>

Follow us on social media! Twitter <https://twitter.com/CODATANews> -
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/codata.org/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-hodson-b3711a11/> - Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/codatainternational/>

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE