[CODATA-international] New blogpost: Describing openness for research data repositories in re3data

Nina Weisweiler nina.weisweiler at os.helmholtz.de
Tue Dec 7 04:04:44 EST 2021

Dear colleagues,

Openness may sound self-evident, but in fact it can mean different
things, not only in relation to research data repositories. Repositories
are central infrastructures for opening data. In this capacity,
repositories that provide open access to research output can also be
considered as "open". However, openness is more complex for
repositories, because several characteristics influence a repository’s
openness overall.

In our new blogpost, we investigate different levels of openness for
research data repositories. Have a look to learn how the Registry of
Research Data Repositories – re3data (https://www.re3data.org/)
describes openness, enabling users to find suitable repositories for
their data:

https://coref.project.re3data.org/blog/how-open-are-repositories-in-re3data

For more general information about the re3data service and re3data COREF
project, join today’s Lightning Talk at the Force11 Conference
"Discovering Trustworthy Data Repositories with re3data - the Registry
of Research Data Repositories”, at 12:00 UTC:
https://force2021.sched.com/event/p0o7/force11-community-presentations

The conference registration is free and still open:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/force2021-tickets-94730321943

Best wishes from the re3data COREF project
Nina Weisweiler

/ Apologies for any cross-posting of this message. /

--
Nina Weisweiler

Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft | Helmholtz Association
Helmholtz Open Science Office

Tel: + 49 (0) 331-288 28989
E-Mail: nina.weisweiler at os.helmholtz.de
Web: https://os.helmholtz.de
Twitter: @helmholtz_os

c/o Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ

Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam