[CODATA-international] Open Position: Postdoc / Senior Researcher in the field of Search & Knowledge Graph Infrastructures at GESIS, Cologne
Peter.Mutschke at gesis.org
Mon Aug 23 02:55:01 EDT 2021
Postdoc / Senior Researcher in the field of Search & Knowledge Graph Infrastructures
(Salary group 13 TV-L, working time 100%, limited for four years)
Please apply until Sept 9, 2021: https://www.hidden-professionals.de/HPv3.Jobs/gesis/stellenangebot/21404/Wissenschaftliche-r-Mitarbeiter-in-PostDoc-Senior-Researcher-im-Bereich-Suchinfrastrukturen-und-Wissensgraphen?lang=en-US
The department Knowledge Technologies for Social Sciences (WTS)<https://www.gesis.org/en/institute/departments/knowledge-technologies-for-the-social-sciences> conducts research at the intersection of information retrieval, knowledge graphs, human information interaction and machine learning as foundation for innovative web portals and platforms for the search and use of research data. WTS innovations are based on a state-of-the-art software stack and research-based innovations in the aforementioned fields.
In the context of the consortia NFDI4DS and BERD at NFDI of the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI<https://www.nfdi.de/en-gb>) WTS develops innovative services with the goal to improve the reusability and interoperability of research data on the web.
Your tasks will be:
* Research in areas such as natural language processing, knowledge graphs, information retrieval and machine learning, in particular with respect to search and integration of research data
* Engagement with partners in the NFDI research consortia and exchange with relevant communities (e.g. NFDI, GO FAIR, W3C, RDA, EOSC)
* Development of sustainable and scalable concepts to improve search and knowledge graph infrastructures for research data, elicitation of research-related use cases, evaluation of the concepts based on use cases
* Technical modeling of services, full-stack implementation with Java and Web technologies
* Dissemination of project results through publications and workshops
* PhD in Computer Science, Information Science, Data Science, or comparable fields
* Good research track record in at least one of the areas of information retrieval, semantic technologies, knowledge extraction, NLP, knowledge graphs
* Solid experience in software development with Java, Web and DB technologies
* Good oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of German desirable
* Desirable: knowledge in the areas of research data infrastructures, metadata and web standards, data formats, Open Science / FAIR Data
For further information concerning the tasks please contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Dietze via phone +49 (0221) 47694 - 421 or via E-Mail<mailto:stefan.dietze at gesis.org>.
Deputy Head of department
Teamleader FAIR Data and Human Information Interaction
Dep. Knowledge Technologies for the Social Sciences
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
Unter Sachsenhausen 6-8
Tel.: +49(0)221 / 47694 -500
Mail: peter.mutschke at gesis.org<mailto:peter.mutschke at gesis.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CODATA-international