[CODATA-international] Second Global Forum of Funders - Session on Accelerating Open Science globally

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 29 01:35:37 EDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

The Global Forum of Funders is organized by the International Science Council with a consortium of public science funders, donor aid agencies, and international scientific partners.

The 2nd Global Forum of Funders builds on a successful first event held in Washington DC in 2019, where science funders and the research community initiated a “Decade of Global Sustainability Science Action”. The event called for the identification of critical priorities for science that will support and enable societies to accomplish the SDGs by 2030.

The ambition to scale up efforts by funding communities supporting science for the SDGs is the strategic goal of the 2nd Global Forum of Funders. Meeting agenda and details at https://stories.council.science/science-missions/3/

I would like to thank International Science Council and the Global Forum of Funders for inviting me to contribute ideas for the session on Accelerating Open Science globally.  I learned a lot listening to all colleagues. I shared ideas from GeoForAll initiative [1] [2] [3]. I would like to thank all colleagues for their contributions to Open Science.

I am grateful to get the opportunity to learn Geospatial Science many years back. So many kind people and scholarships from universities helped me on my journey to learn Geospatial Science.

https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/geospatial-ig/post/please-share-open-principles-science-and-education-ideas-and-philosophy

I am grateful to everyone, everywhere working for Zero Hunger Aim.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr Suchith Anand

Chief Scientist

Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition

https://www.godan.info<https://www.godan.info/>

https://council.science/profile/suchith-anand/

[1] http://www.geoforall.org

[2] https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/geoforall-contributions-to-the-united-nations-sustainable-development-goals/