[CODATA-international] DMPonline is celebrating 10th year anniversary and we invite you to celebrate with us!

Joy Davidson Joy.Davidson at glasgow.ac.uk
Fri Nov 6 08:06:46 EST 2020

Hi everyone,

DMPonline is celebrating its 10th birthday this year and we have a series of blog posts and virtual events taking place the week of November 16th that might be of interest.

All the best,
Joy

Joy Davidson
Digital Curation Centre (DCC)

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

DMPonline is celebrating 10th year anniversary and we invite you to celebrate with us!

It's 10 years since we launched DMPonline<https://dmponline.dcc.ac.uk/%22%20/t%20%22_blank> and we want to celebrate that milestone. Our success owes much to the users, funders, subscribers, partners, ex-colleagues and current colleagues that all create the DMPonline community. We are planning a celebration week between 16 – 20 November mixing blog posts and online events, to reflect on these 10 years and look ahead to the future. Collaboration has been key to our success; we invite you to collaborate with us to celebrate that. Have a look at our event page<https://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/dmponline-10th-year-anniversary-celebration-week> (some topic titles are to be still updated) and register for our online events here<https://www.epay.ed.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/information-services/information-services-events>

We would like to invite you to take a part and tell us what do you think is the future of DMP<https://answergarden.ch/1524414>? Twitter users please use the following hashtag: #10yearsDMPonline
We have two live online sessions where we will be discussing where the initial came from, with wonderful speakers and fun quiz to test your knowledge...

Original idea - 16th November 2020 at 11:00-13:00 BST
Register https://www.epay.ed.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/information-services/information-services-events

Time
Topic (TBC)
Speaker
11:00
DMPonline - Original idea
Kevin Ashley, Director, Digital Curation Centre
11:10
Welcome to 10th year anniversary week
Patricia Herterich, DMPonline
11:15
Initial concept
Martin Donnelly, Research Data Support Manager
11:25
Need for new business model, clients and new DMPonline
Sarah Jones, GEANT
11:35
How much do you know DMPonline? - short quiz
Patricia Herterich, DMPonline
11:45
Driving the paradigm shift towards Open Science: FAIR data
Policy changes from Horizon2020 to Horizon Europe and plans for new requirements regarding DMPs, FAIR data and other research outputs.
Carlos Casorrán and Kostas Repanas, EC
11:55
HRB
Patricia Clarke, HRB
12:05
Exposing DMP WG
Natalie Meyers, Exposing DMP WG
12:15
Q&A
Patricia Herterich, DMPonline

Future & collaboration - 20th November 2020 at 16:00-18:00  BST
Register at https://www.epay.ed.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/information-services/information-services-events

Time
Topic (TBC)
Speaker
16:00
Collaboration and future of DMPs!
Patricia Herterich, DMPonline
16:10
Welcome to Friday session celebration of 10 years of DMPonline
Magdalena Drafiova, DMPonline
16:15
DMP Assistant
Weiwei Shi, Portage
16:25
We’ve got maDMPs – what’s next
RDA has produced a recommendation on machine-actionable DMPs that is currently adopted by DMP Online and other tool providers. This is, however, only one of the steps towards creating an integrated data management infrastructure. In this talk I will present various possible application scenarios for machine-actionable DMPs and will give an outlook for further developments.
Tomasz Miksa, maDMP
16:35
DMPTool
Maria Praetzellis, CDL
16:45
DMP OPIDoR, a DMPRoadmap instance with the French touch
Launched in 2016, DMP OPIDoR has become one of the main tool used by the French research community for producing DMPs. In order to meet the needs of this growing community, while integrating the evolutions of the DMPRoadmap codebase, developments have been iteratively undertaken and have led to the addition of new features such as support for multiple research outputs. Current developments aim to enable the content of the DMP to be structured and therefore reused and exchanged with the information systems of research organizations or research infrastructures, as well as enriched and updated.
Benjamin Faure, OPIDoR
16:55
Friday quiz
Magdalena Drafiova, DMPonline
17:05
Your responses - Where you see the future of DMPs
Patricia Herterich, DMPonline

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions,

With kindest regards,

Magdalena

Magdalena Drafiova
Customer Development Manager
Digital Curation Centre<http://www.dcc.ac.uk/>, DMPonline
e. magdalena.drafiova at ed.ac.uk<mailto:magdalena.drafiova at ed.ac.uk>
p. +44 (0)141 330 6749
t. @<https://twitter.com/mdDCC1>mdDCC1<https://twitter.com/mdDCC1>

Keep up to date with our DMPonline news!

Twitter<https://twitter.com/DMPonline>, LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/dmponline>, Newsletter<https://t.co/crl3bpvmdv?amp=1>, dmponline-user-group at jiscmail.ac.uk<mailto:dmponline-user-group at jiscmail.ac.uk>
Development Roadmap<https://github.com/DMPRoadmap/roadmap/wiki/Development-roadmap>
DMPonline drop-ins playlist<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL50Mkpxn0YyrmKLiIvMxjsD7oCHYiZRD>
DMPonline demo sessions agenda<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JlVgBWj2C5ug6q8xgKFm1SOY8uHaUtq5oTKoou3meqE/edit?usp=sharing>