[CODATA-international] Fwd: AI for Social Good Month - Nov 3, Access to Data, Computing Power, Hardware & Infrastructure

Simon Hodson, ED CODATA simon at codata.org
Mon Nov 2 07:12:42 EST 2020

The AI for Social Good Month looks really interesting and the next session includes Mazlan Othman, Director of the ISC Regional Office for Asia and Pacific and Masaru Yarime, vice chair of the CODATA Data Policy Committee.

Please see details below.

S.

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Vivian War <vivian at tandemic.com>
> Subject: AI for Social Good Month - Nov 3, Access to Data, Computing Power, Hardware & Infrastructure
> Date: 2 November 2020 at 09:31:45 CET
> To: undisclosed-recipients:;
>
> Hi there!
>
> Thank you for registering for the AI for Social Good Month conversation on Access to data, computing power, hardware & infrastructure on Nov 3! Here’s what you can look forward to in our upcoming conversation:
>
> - Priyank Hirani, Asia Data & Tech lead (consultant) for the Rockefeller Foundation, who will be moderating the conversation,
>
> - Dr Mazlan Othman, Director of the International Science Council, who will be speaking about open data and open science,
>
> - Yoonee Jeong, Director of the Public and Regulatory Affairs at Telenor Group, who will be speaking about types of infrastructure needed for sharing data,
>
> - Dr Pun-Arj Chairatana, Executive Director of the National Innovation Agency, who will be speaking about types of infrastructure do we need for AI applications to flourish, and
>
> - Prof Masaru Yarime, Association Professor at the Division of Public Policy of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, who will be speaking about effective and ineffective regulatory sandboxes.
>

> The AI For Social Good report <https://apru.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/layout_v3_web_page.pdf>, which was produced by APRU and Keio University, underpins the summit. If you would like to learn more about the AI For Social Good project and its objectives, they are outlined in the Introduction (from page 12) of the report. If you’re interested in brief summaries of policy insights, those are available in Appendix I (from page 22).
>
> We look forward to having you join us for the conversation through the link in your registration confirmation email. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
>
> See you via zoom.us <http://zoom.us/> at 11.30am (Hong Kong time) on Nov 3!
>
> Best regards,
>  <http://tandemic.com/>
> Vivian War
> Innovation Applied
> +6 <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_-7774661693783034920_>03 2715 1755
> www.tandemic.com <http://tandemic.com/?a=sig>

> On 23 Oct 2020, at 12:03, Catherine Ong <catherine at tandemic.com> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> Sorry we missed you for the kick-off of AI for Social Good Month, which is jointly developed by APRU, Google, and United Nations ESCAP, in partnership with Rockefeller Foundation. We’re including the recording of the session below if you would like to catch up.

> [...]

International (Virtual) FAIR Convergence Symposium, 27 Nov, 30 Nov-4 Dec: Register <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/international-fair-convergence-symposium-registration-105931185026> | Programme Overview <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ypREvrzo5E-k3wxoCCC_xMNVLtWH4NIJ/view> and Full Programme <https://conference.codata.org/FAIRconvergence2020/programme/>

Open Science for a Global Transformation: Call for Papers for a Special Collection in Data Science Journal in relation to the UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science <https://codata.org/open-science-for-a-global-transformation-call-for-papers-for-a-special-collection-in-data-science-journal/>

Data for Resilient Cities Podcast Series: CAG-CEPT and CODATA Podcast Series <https://codata.org/initiatives/strategic-programme/codata-connect/cag-cept-and-codata-podcast-series-on-data-for-resilient-cities/> | Subscribe <https://crdf.org.in/podcast/data-for-resilient-cities> | SoundCloud <https://soundcloud.com/dataforresilientcities>

Register for CODATA Connect Webinar: Shoaib Sufi, Software Sustainability Institute on 'Better Software, Better Data Handling’, Friday 20 November, 15:00-16:00 UTC <https://codata.org/register-now-webinar-on-better-software-better-data-handling/>

UN Data Forum Session 'Multi-Stakeholder Data Bridges - making data work for cross-domain grand challenges’: Pre-Recorded Session <https://vimeo.com/465263347> in UN Data Forum Attendify <https://ve.attendify.com/index/e19y30/s_e19y30/schedule/9yx2dgHJCUx0XFsM09/9yx6rE0JWGcUiEIChV> | Recording of Live Discussion Session <https://vimeo.com/469702557>

August 2020 publications <https://codata.org/august-2020-publications-in-the-data-science-journal/> in the CODATA Data Science Journal <https://datascience.codata.org/>

Stay in touch with CODATA: