[CODATA-international] UNESCO Global Consultations on Open Science - Diagram Paul Berkman adapted

Niek | Trimpact niek at trimpact.nl
Fri May 1 05:37:41 EDT 2020

Good morning Paul, Kassim and Florian,

This morning I woke up with the idea of adapting the figure and add the
remark of Florian, and add another piece related to transparency and timely
communication to the various stakeholders. Now, behind my computer I just
read the comments of Kassim in the same direction. Furthermore, the process
includes capacity building of other stakeholders (e.g. ministerial
departments), and Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning should be added. I also
think that research finalize their product with evidence. I kept the pyramid
as basis because a circular model which is it in essence would became less
clear. Hence, my suggestion would be

I’m interested in such a valuable diagram because in the past I used
Multiple goal linear programming as tool to provide options for sustainable
land use (Mali & Egypt), and currently I focus on bringing action data from
multi-disciplinary projects in less developed countries together to find
options for synergy and alignment to boost triple impact (People, Planet,
Prosperity). We therefore developed the online Development Synergy and
Alignment Tool (DevSAT®). Unfortunately, I agree with Hilde from Brazil that
not all organizations are willing to share their results (despite their work
is paid with public funds and their results could support others in similar
agro-ecological and economic conditions).

Looking forward to your reactions.

Kind regards,

Dr. Niek van Duivenbooden

  Bringing value to life

Mezenlaan 138  -  6951 HR Dieren  -  The Netherlands – T +31 61 13 81 061

KvK: 64218422   -  <mailto:niek at trimpact.nl> niek at trimpact.nl -
<http://www.trimpact.nl/> www.Trimpact.nl