[CODATA-international] Cost of Data Wrangling

Wackerow, Joachim Joachim.Wackerow at gesis.org
Fri Dec 11 03:39:40 EST 2020

Hi Ernie,

This might be the study: Cost of not having FAIR research data<https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/d375368c-1a0a-11e9-8d04-01aa75ed71a1/language-en> (written by PWC – PricewaterhouseCoopers, one of the big consulting companies).
See the section “Integration of the data“ on page 13. There is also mentioned the importance of metadata standards like DataCite, DCAT-AP, Dublin Core, DDI, and SDMX in the section “Creation and collection of the data” on page 19.

There are related Policy Recommendations<https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/d3766478-1a09-11e9-8d04-01aa75ed71a1>.

Cheers
Achim